[23]

After I got released from the hospital Saturday morning I went home to Barcelona with my mother. I needed to take a break. On Friday night my dad and Alex came to visit me in the hospital and it seemed that they were on good terms. It was an emotional moment and I had told them my side of the story. They deserved to know it since I had scared them a lot. I felt so lucky that Alex had been there to support me and holding my hand.

It was now one week later since the miscarriage and I felt physically better, but mentally I was still hurting. It hurts to know that I would never meet the little baby that I saw on the sonogram. The little baby that I already was in love with.

It sucks that I now had to miss our home race here at the circuit of Barcelona-Catalunya. Alex was over at my home on Wednesday, that was the only benefit of the home race for me this week since it was only a 30 minutes car ride. We were now in my room getting ready to sleep. We just had dinner with my parents and after that, we played a little board game. I was so happy that Alex and my parents could get along. I had a feeling that my parents saw what I saw in him, a responsible, elegant, and sweet man. I was surprised that my parents let him sleep in my room that easily.

'Do you think you will be joining the next Grand Prix?' Alex asked while we laid in my bed. He was just in his boxers and I had my nightgown on. 'Race weekends are less more fun with you around.'

'I think I will. The German Grand Prix is in two weeks, right?' I asked, tracing a little scar on his arm with my finger.

'It is! And after that Assen and then summer break. Talking about the break.. Will you come in the summer break to Cervera? As maybe more than just the girl I'm dating?' He asked nervously as his cheeks turned slightly red.

'Is this your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?' I teased and I felt my heartbeat speeding up.

'Maybe..' He winked at me.

'I already have permission from your dad.' He said and my eyes went wide. Firstly, because it was too sweet that Alex even asked my dad. Secondly, that my dad had given his permission. 'Let me ask you properly.. Sarah, will you be my girlfriend?'

'Yes, yes, yes!' I said before kissing him and putting my arms around his neck.

'You make me so happy, Sarah.' Alex smiled, happy that she was now officially his before kissing her again.

'So do you.' I slammed my lips back on his, make this kiss a little more heated. I went with my fingers through his fluffy hair as he puts his hands on my waist.

'Maybe we can go on a little vacation together during the holiday.' I whispered, liking the idea of just the two of us spending time together.

'I like your thinking.' He said while kissing me again, this time sweeter.

'Let's go to sleep, boyfriend. Media day for you tomorrow.' I smiled at him, the first real smile since a week. I already loved calling him my boyfriend. That was something I definitely could get used to.

'Sweet dreams, girlfriend.' I laid my head on his bare chest as his arm went around my shoulders holding me close before drifting off to sleep.

WHATSAPP

Celine 🦋
Girl! I heard you were sick and missing the Barcelona one. Hope your doing well. Miss you!!

Sarah
I am! But everyday I feel a little better. I hope I will join the next one again. Miss you too!

————

Marc 👑
Hope your doing a little better. We will miss you this weekend. Can you make sure that my brother will get here on time tomorrow? 😜

Sarah
I'm doing okay as far that's possible. Good luck this weekend! Your the one that always late! 😳

————

Fabio 😈
Where are you? You missed half of the Italian Grand Prix and now your home race?

Sarah
Stop message me.