[34]

I walked through the paddock alone as I couldn't believe how Fabio was acting again. I was so done with him. Suddenly I saw some of the fangirls again from earlier. I quickly wanted to turn around to avoid them, but they already saw me.

'You are so ugly.' One girl spoke.

'You don't deserve to date him.' The other one said. I felt the tears sting at the back of my eyes and turned around to walk away from those awful girls. Suddenly I felt something hit my head and heard a bottle smash right next to me on the ground. The girls quickly ran away and left me on my own. My head was hurting and I quickly put my hand on the spot that was hurting. I groaned when I saw blood on my hand. I felt myself getting dizzy and sat down on the ground.

I had no idea how long I had been sitting there. I felt numb, mentally and physically. I could only hear negative voices in my head. Everything from the last couple of weeks came back to me and I broke down. This was the last final straw that tipped me over the edge. Then I realized that I needed to take a break, maybe needing even some help. It felt like I was slowly losing myself.

'Sarah?' I suddenly heard my dad. 'We've been looking for you everywhere.' I looked up at my dad and his face softened when he saw the state of his daughter.

'I can't do this any longer.' I whispered through my tears.

————

I was slowly getting my stuff from the Marquez motorhome. I smiled a little remembering all the good things that happened here. After my encounter with my dad, we had a long conversation about everything and we both agreed that I was going home and getting some help to get myself back together.

'What the hell?' Alex whispered as he walked into his room in the motorhome and saw his girlfriend packing her stuff into the suitcase that was laying on their bed.

'Don't be mad, but I am going home for now. I need to figure out some things for myself, I am not in the right headspace right now. It's not fair to keep you dragging down with me, Alex. You need to focus on racing. I still love you, I really do, but I think it's better for now if we keep a distance. If we are meant to be, we'll find a way back to each other.' I softly spoke, still tears in my eyes.

'Don't do this, Sarah. Don't run away from us. I will help you. I will support you no matter what. You know what I said back in France, we are into this together.' Alex desperately said. Me remembering his words back in France when we first kissed right before all the drama started.

'I have to do this for myself, Alex. I need to grieve about the baby and I can't do that when Fabio is around. This whole media thing is harder than I imagined, I feel everyone's eyes on me and hear everyone talking about me behind my back. It drives me nuts. I don't want to hold you back from your passion. You need to focus on your racing. You know that I still will be watching and cheering you on. I just need to progress this so I can come back stronger and then I can be the girl you deserve.'

'Don't talk like that. You are everything I need.' Alex couldn't believe the girl of his dreams was about to leave him.

'Please, Alex. Don't make this any harder. I'm begging you.' I looked up to see his face and my heart broke, seeing the hurt on his face.

'Let's pretend for one more night and then I let you go.' Alex begged with tears in his eyes to the girl in front of him who was close to breaking down completely. He didn't want to let her go just yet. He was afraid that things would never be the same between them again, he couldn't be just her friend anymore. He had fallen too deep for that. 'Please?'

I nodded, it was probably not a good idea, making the goodbye the next morning even harder. But I couldn't resist his touch and kisses as he pulled off the shirt I was wearing from my body as he guided me towards the bed.

————

Alex woke up the next morning in an empty bed. He looked around to see where Sarah went, but he saw that all her belongings were gone from his room.

'She left.' He spoke to himself while staring at the wall in front of him, feeling like he lost her forever and he didn't even got to say her goodbye. Then he realized that it was probably the best for now that she went home to get herself back together and getting some help, he wanted to see her happy, even if it wasn't with him.