The honey biscuits (SPOILERS)

This was inspired by Squad Game on Netflix. Just after the end of Lucifer I thought that I couldn't get any more ideas for stories but here I go. Please let me know if you want me to continue making one shots or the original plot I had in mind. Or even both xd.

Set between 6x07 and 08, with the little addition that God is back and here to help his son to be there for his daughter. CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOTH LUCIFER S6 AND SQUID GAME.

This day was eventful. That's what Chloe has been telling herself after the whole script read evening with God himself, who apparently thought that It would be a good idea to return back from his wife's universe to help his son. Although both Lucifer, Chloe and Rory were thankful to him that for the first time he's there to help not only Lucifer, but Amenadiel for that matter. But between all this crazy celestial drama, there was something else that was bugging her. Dan of course followed her all the way to her home, but it was awkward knowing that everyone sees her talking to litterly noone, when she was referring to Dan's ghost who was next to her.

"Somethin' is bugging you. I know it. Spill" Dan said as he took place behind the kitchen bar.

"Do you remember, after Palmetto we had a case of multiple burned bodies, that were related to some kind of massacre game?"

"You mean the "Squid Game" case? But that was years ago, and we were even lucky that we got out of this undercover mission alive, Chlo. But what about it?" Dan huffed.

"I just got a call today from one of the family members of the victims and says that, the game has been resucurected."

There was a long pause before Chloe wanted to continue, but Dan stopped her midway.

"You can't be telling me you are gonna go after this case, Chlo."

"Dan, listen.-"

"No, you listen! We were lucky that we got out of it alive, when the SWAT came in. You know that there is only 1 winner. What are the chances that right now Chlo, you are gonna get alive out of it. It's been YEARS. We don't even know if the people who keep the game in tact are the same as those years ago."

Chloe looked down at her hands and wondered if Dan was right. They were just at the last game. 3 people standing on a dinner table with three knives. They were supposed to fight each other and kill, but then the SWAT team came in time to apprehend the soldiers who were supervising the place and get them out of this hellhole. She bit her lip. She made a couple of friends, teammates to be precise, just for them to sacrifice themselves to keep her in the game, to find the culprit and get justice. If she'd known the price for it, she wouldn have never agreed for that case. Not only left a traumatic image in her brain, but it made her feel a little bit more paranoid. It was hard the first months..

"At least if you are doing it, tell Lucifer about it, I'm sure he'll-" Dan's voice got her out of her thoughts.

"No."

"No? What do you mean no!?"

"I can't Dan- I can't involve him into this."

"But Chloe he is immortal-"

"He made himself bleed for Rory."

"What!?"

There was another silence between them, but Chloe continued.

"He made himself bleed so Rory could believe that he loves her. What are the chances that he won't make himself bleed when we are in this case, Dan? I can't loose him.. Not like this."

"Not like me."

Chloe sniffed.

"Dan I'm so-"

"It's not your fault Chloe, I just hope I wasn't the worst father-"

"You were the best father Trixie could have ever wished for. She misses you. We both do."

They smiled at each other. Chloe looked at the case file just in front of her and sighed.

"This stays between us. Okay?"

"Alright Chlo, but don't expect me to stay here and do nothing if something happens."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine."

Just when she was gonna stand from the barstool, she heard Dan chuckling.

"Now I'm hungry for those honey biscuits."

Chloe laughed bitterly.

"I can make some, but without the whole "If it breaks, you die." part."