Chapter 3 - Fiasco

fiasco

/fɪˈaskəʊ/

noun

a complete failure, especially a ludicrous or humiliating one.

The journalists immediately started taking pictures, as the rich men and women were watching them carefully - some of them because of pure fascination, some because they are skeptical as always and feel that this will be a complete blow up, and that tomorrow will be a judgement day for everyone in the UK. Chloe swallowed hard as she tried to look confident in the cameras of the journalists not because she wanted to, she needed to show him how much of a confident and brave woman she is. But deep down she knew she had already done that.

"Please, we will answer all of your questions, but you must be patient." Chandler said and glanced at one of the reporters. The reporter got the idea and got really excited.

"Can you tell us more about Yoosung's private life out of Rika's Fundraising Association and Chin group?"

"Ah. Well Yoosung was always a cheerful boy, full of energy and of course - ambitious. He always thought about the others and really was working hard." Zen started talking and was looking charming as always.

"He really did care for us and for the RFA members, but recently he had got into depression for.. unknown reasons." Chloe continued and bit the inside of her cheek to stop the next words that were coming. She knew perfectly the cause of his dead, but she wanted it to remain-

"As the rumors says, did he got into a weed business and into the mafia?" Another reporter asked.

That was it. The breaking point for Chloe. The room was filled with silence, but in Chloe's head there was endless ringing in her ears and she felt she was about to collapse. Lucifer was looking at her, a mixture of worry and anger, because of the reporter's question. He looked at the pale woman in front of him that was sitting. If she was standing she would have probably fallen and passed out already:

"Those are dirty rumors thrown at the media to blind you, and make you not see the true and pure nature of our friend." Zen tried to cover up for Chloe, but then a loud bang of two hands on the table was heard in the big room. Chloe stood up firmly and grabbed the microphone:

"Do you truly believe in those rumors!? Yoosung was the most purest person I have ever met. And I will tell you one thing - someone from the company had been pressuring him and he couldn't handle all the pressure so he just freed himself from those chains. And I won't stop until I find the one who's responsible for it and find justice for Yoosung."

Chloe sighed deeply, and sat on her chair. She thought a big weight of her shoulders have fallen, but she was still as pale as a white board and she felt like she was gonna throw up. The journalists started murmuring and whispering some things and started snapping photos of all of the people, sitting in front of them. Chloe couldn't hear anything anymore. She trembled and the same ringing came to her head, triple times more rougher and louder. She felt a hand on her shoulder and glanced at that direction:

"Chloe are you okay? Do you want me to escort you?" Chandler said, giving her a little soft look.

"Please, I cannot handle this anymore." She sighed and stood up alongside Chandler going into a VIP room. The room wasn't anything, but was definetly modern. It had a red couch and a little bar nearby with much choices of alcohol. Chloe sat on the couch and Chandler started pouring himself some whiskey. He glanced at her and pointed at another glass:

"Want some?"

She didn't answer with words. Just nodded and he poured her some whiskey and gave her the glass. With one long sip, she let the alcohol burn its way in her throat as she coughed. The door opened and Zen entered, Lucifer following him behind.

"This was a complete fiasco. Not that I didn't imagine it" Zen said as he brushed his hair and closed the door behind him.

"Are you okay, Detective?" Lucifer kneeled in front of her and pasted his hands on hers that were holding the glass.

"I am okay guys you don't have to get so worried about me."
"It wouldn't be a complete fiasco if you didn't said those last words." Chandler spoke.
Chloe glanced at her bigger brother and rose to her feet. "I did what I had to do, I couldn't handle it anymore. This is what needed to be done long time ago."
"Yes but now that the media knows, our guy can hide easily" He angrily hissed against her and got hold of her shoulders roughly. Chloe let out a little cry of pain. Lucifer immediately sensed that and shove Chandler down. He felt to the floor. "What the hell? Who the fuck even you are?" Chandler spoke.
Lucifer turned to see the red fingertips on Chloe's pale exposed shoulders. He started rubbing them gently and it brought him warmth that she didn't flinch nor step away from his touch.

"You were too harsh, Chandler. She really did the right thing. The killer may be more pressured and come by himself to us." Zen spoke, seeing that the things escalated too quickly. "Hey man" He looked at Lucifer. "Can you drive Chloe at the Chin's mansion. She needs some rest from this damn thing."
"Zen I am okay, really." Her words didn't convince him as she was helping herself, her hands tightly in Lucifer's so she wouldn't fall down.
"Yeah, like I would believe that. It's your bedtime, anyway." He chuckled.
"Ass."
"Idiot" He smirked.
"Come on Detective, let's go." Lucifer said taking Chloe's hand and going out of the big ball room and the whole building.
As they were approaching his Courvette he glanced at her. "Darling, if you are not okay, we can always talk tomorrow"
"Nah, I just need a drink, then you will explain everything to me."

1024