Chapter 19 - Spring Day

"Why.. why are you doing this Hemingson? What did I ever do to you!?" Chloe burst out, unable to control herself anymore.

"You know, when I first layed my eyes on you, I knew you will be the one. You are just like a princess, something truly angelic." Hemingson said going around the house. In the same moment he got a knife out.

"In my life, nobody respected or loved me. But you did. You still love, your just denying it" He chuckled darkly.

"You are crazy." Chloe looked at him, hiding all of her fears deep in herself.

"I never thought you would betray me for another man. I told you Chloe, the prize that you'll pay if you betray me."

"It's over Hemingson. Just give up, please. I want my old friend back" Chloe yelled, tears rolling down her cheek.

Hemingson was taken back. He looked at her features and tried to see what was happening right now. He expected that she would be angry and full of disgust, but she was.. pity. She was sad and pity. Why did she want the old, innocent, weak Hemingson back. Did he really hurt his best friend and lover like that? He let that question unanswered as he took a few steps and now was in front of her.

"But I am here, dear."

"No you are not." She looked at him confidently.

He gritted his teeth and suddenly grabbed her. A sharp pain ran through Chloe's body from her chest. Hemingson stabbed her just right in her lungs.

"I know you love me deep inside. You are.. simply caught in his lies. So, I will cut you free myself." He happily grinned and abruptly got out the knife.

Chloe stumbled back and tried to keep the wound from bleeding, but now her lungs were filling with blood and she didn't have much time. She coughed crimson red blood from her mouth and feel down the floor, her vision getting completely dark.

--------------------------

"After the cold winter ends.."

"Until spring decides to come again.."

"Until flowers, they bloom again.."

"Please stay where you are.."

"And wait for me.."

"Please wait for me.."

Azrael heard the beautiful voice coming from the garden of Eden. Another soul that died and is ready to be put in the Silver City? She hated seeing people, so talented, nice and warm, dying. Killed, suicide, tortured or simply dying from some illness. She hated it. She was anxious about the moment when she'll see her dear friend Ella here, waiting to be escorted. She went more deeper and she couldn't surpress the tears coming from her eyes. How could've that happened? Why was she here? She was happy that her favourite brother was finally happy, but now..

"C-chloe, what are you doing here?"

Chloe stopped singing and sighed. She turned and saw the angel of dead sniffing and trying to clear her tears through her glassy eyes. She had a perfect long dark dress and white flowers in her hair. Barefoot, she stood up from the green grass and cleared her dress.

"I don't really know. But at least I don't feel pain anymore." She tried to smile. When she opened her eyes they were reddish. The angel guessed that she cried much before she went in the Garden, looking for the new dead soul.

"H-how it happened?"

"Hemingson. He stabbed me. Everything went black and now I'm here."

Chloe looked down at her feet and tried to surpress the feeling of screaming. She perfectly knew where she was. Lucifer had told her about this place. Where good souls go, waiting to be escorted to Heaven by his sister, the angel of death - Azrael. Realising that she was dead and she wasn't gonna see her daughter, friends, lovers broke her. Knowing that she couldn't live up to the moment to be with Lucifer happily married and together tore her apart. She sniffed and looked back at the angel, faking a smile.

"N-no, I must do something. Y-you can't, n-not now!" The angel determenly yelled but was stopped by a pat on the shoulder from a third form. Another angel. He was male, looking a bit like Lucifer, but with much smaller angel wings, and they were golden.

"Mi-michael!?" The angel sniffed.

"There is nothing to be done. Our dear brother missed his chance, but I won't." Michael whispered and fixes his vision on Chloe.

He chuckled and fixed his hair. "Let's go home, little one."

"My home isn't here."

Michael shocked looked at her. Chloe was looking just like Uriel once said. His father really payed special attention to the human. She was breathtaking. Her confidence, determination, love and passion can make even the emotionless person feel something. She even changed the devil, for God's sake. He was taken back and kept silent. He didn't like that the girl died. That meant literal war. He knew how his brother loved her and that he would set the world on fire, but won't let any spark touch her. He bit his lip. In his long existence he was feeling pitiness. He didn't wanna take her, because of fear and sadness.

The angel's attention was attracted by the mark shining brightly from the dark material of her dress. Chloe saw that and opened the place. The mark of the devil was shining and flickering with blue flames. All they gasped in unison, as the Silver Gates were obviously heard closing and the door for outside the Garden opened and a deep and memorising voice spoke up.

"You do not belong here."

"How is this possible, Father?" Michael angrily spoke.

"I gifted her soul to Samael. Every single angel is forbidden to take her soul up to Heaven or down to Hell. You do not decide her destiny? Is it clear?"

"Yes, Father" Azrael happily chirped and looked at Chloe.

"Go now, my child. I think Samael is quite worried for you. Please, tell him I'm sorry for everything. My biggest regret is casting him away."

1012