The VIPs (Oneshot)

Sets after 4x06 (It is based on the saying of one of the VIPs, that the Squid Games are the most interesting in Korea, so that means there are other world wide Squid Games)

This was the biggest undercover mission Chloe has ever received. This was a big shot of a case - 456 people go missing, just to discover they are taking part in some sort of games, so they could repay their debts off. Every time, only 1 of them returns, with big sum of cash, and the other 455 were never found - alive or dead. Chloe thought that maybe the people were locked somewhere, and kept somewhere, but that though didn't last long. They recently found many burnt bodies with missing organs. So that explained why the other people never returned.

As the 5th game started, every one of the staff, that were serving the so called "VIPs" put on their mask. It was a rule not to show their face, and Chloe partly was thankful for it. It costed so much for the precint to get her here as a servant, so she needed to make the most of it. She looked at the grand doors that opened and saw 6 men, half of them very old, considering their white beards coming out of their golden animal masks. They were betting on human lives like it was to bet on a horse in a horse racing. Disgusting. Chloe thought. But after those 6 other men, came another one, very similarly tall and handsome, a woman with dark long hair clutched to him. No this can't be.

- "Lucifer! My guy. Came here to bet with us?" - The man with golden bear mask asked.

- "Well if you consider watching criminals from afar and waiting to punish them is betting, then I'm here to bet". - the British accent sliced through the air and the woman (which was probably Eve) giggled next to him as they sat in what seemed a big, modern couch.

One of the oldest man, a man with golden lion mask was staring at Chloe the whole time. Was it maybe the costume, that made her curves be seen more, or that she didn't jump on the other man's laps the moment they entered as the other staff members. But that definetly didn't make her any less uncomfortable.

- "Sweetie, why don't you come closer?" - The lion masked man asked, his voice sending shivers of disgust down Chloe's body.

- "George, you wanna experience the real 69, huh? Rawr" - smirked one of the other men.

Lucifer visibly wasn't okay with this. He was staring at the blonde for way too long, as he was sure he knew her from somewhere.

- "Well gentlemen, You have fun, I'll have a different kind of fun" - Said the old man as he took Chloe's hand and she tried to supress the urge to strangle him this second.

He took her to another room, locking the door behind him. It had a big king - sized bed and lots ot toys to play. Chloe thought that she was in real trouble. She hoped that she put somewhere in this costume her gun, because she wasn't gonna do anything with this man, even if it meant that her cover will be blown off.

- "So, sweetie, where do we start off?" He asked, as he got his robe down and became stark naked in front of Chloe. She was gonna throw up for sure.

Then, she heard some breaking noise and the next thing she knew, the naked man was on the ground while a very familiar frame was towering him. The man screamed, as he saw something quite terrifying. That's when she knew.

- "Lucifer, stop." - she caught his hand as he turned to her, his red face coming into view, mask long forgotten.

She didn't flinch. She realized too late, that she wasn't afraid of him. But the thought of losing him was terrifying enough to cloud her judgement and the sound of her heart. He didn't change face as he took her mask off quickly. His assumptions were right.

- "Detective.." - he whispered as he changed his face quickly, his expression becoming more soft.

- "What are you doing here?"

- " I went undercover.." - she barely whispered.

- "And what are you exactly doing here alone? Where's that douche, where is Miss Lopez!? Why are you putting your life in danger all alone!?" - Why you didn't ask me to come? He asked, as the last one was kept to himself. He looked visibly angry with her choice of mission.

She stared at him, mouth open. She didn't actually believe what he was saying right now.

- "Excuse me. This is my job, my choices! And I didn't really had a partner out there looking out for me. Instead, he was busy with his new girlfriend. And how do you know about this place, anyway?". - She yelled at him, trying to keep her unshed tears to herself. She was so done.

Lucifer visibly looked taken back. He didn't expect her to outburst like that. He didn't even realize the pain he inflicted on her in the first place.

He opened his mouth to say something, but he was stopped by the yelling of the police officers in the other room. He saw the detective putting on handcuffs on the scumbag who tried to touch her and was gonna go out of the room. He tried to stop her by simply placing his hand on her shoulder, but she brushed it off.

- "Don't try to make things better, Lucifer. We'll see each other tomorrow, I assume Eve is waiting for you outside. Don't make her wait any longer." - She said, the coldness in her voice slicing through the air.

Comment if you want part 2 of the oneshot! (I kinda hate oneshots ending just like this :c.)