Chapter 11 - Locked

A/n: The next 3 chapters will be in Chloe's POV, and her relationship with Hemingson.

Chloe sighed as she approached the big castle - like mansion. She didn't want any of this. She knew, once she walks in from that door, she won't be able to get out again. She needed to think of a plan. Something that will give her some time to fight with him, to have a chance to escape from his grip, without putting everyone's life in danger.
She had to.

As she knocked over to the door, one of the maids showed up and beamed with happiness as she saw the blonde.

"Omg! Young Madam is here!" The maid yelled and everyone showed up in the big living room. As Chloe entered she saw Wuming, his head lowered down, but obviously happy with himself for convincing her to come.
Chloe looked up and saw Hemingson approaching her.

"Chloe, my darling, you are finally here." Hemingson smiled warmly for the first time in like, forever. She took her time observing his smile. She missed her loyal friend, not that beast who came into her life after she came back to LA 30 years ago. Yes, she was born there, but her early memories were from Britain. She wanted to bring her old friend back, but that friend obviously died long time ago. She was determined to find the reason why.

"As if I had another choice, Hemingson. I will do everything for my daughter. She needs to stay out of this. I didn't think you'll fall that low to blackmail me with my flesh and blood." Chloe snickered towards him.

"I am sorry for that, babe. I didn't mean any of this. So, you agree to finally be mine?"

"On three conditions" Chloe confidently said. Hemingson looked confused at her but tilted his head, giving her sign to continue.

"First off, now that I am here, you'll let all of my friends and family out of the hook. Second you will not be close to them AT ALL. And third, give me a chance to fight against you, a chance for me to see if I am able to escape you, without drawing a blood fight. No more running."
Hemingson looked at her with pure wonder. Then, he chuckled.

"Alright. What's the competition?"

"You'll give me a chance to produce 15 million for five months. If I win, you will leave LA and my life immediately. If you win, I will marry you."

Chloe trembled as she said those last words. The man who she wanted to marry was not Hemingson, but.. someone else.

"Haha.. 15 million is easy for company like yours. What about 100 million for half year? 6 months approximately."

Chloe looked at him, widening her eyes.
"Are you out of your mind?" She almost yelled.
"It's not something impossible, Chloe. Besides I wanna see what you are capable of. Remember your words." Hemingson chuckled and was ready to leave when one of the maids called out.
"You wrench! You try to disobey his Highness' orders!? How dare you!"
The maid rushed at Chloe's direction as she tried to slap her, but this time it didn't work out. She gripped her hand tightly and the maid cried out in pain. She tried to get out of her hold and accidentally scarred Chloe's right eye. She hissed and took a step back, guarding her eye. Hemingson immediately saw that and took the maid by her throat.
"You dare to lay a finger on her?" He chuckled as he started squizing her throat. She was gasping for air as Chloe coughed roughly to get his attention.
"Let her go."

Hemingson didn't hesitate. He let her go, as she fell down and scrambled to her feet immediately.

"Call the doctors to fetch up some bandages and covers for her. Get her to her room and do not let her out without my permission."
Hemingson said.

Chloe felt shivers run down her spine as she was taken to the room. The doctors then came and bandaged her all up. She wasn't hurt, but she needed to wear an eye patch for at least a week, so her vision and eye to be healed immediately. Damn that maid. She had really rough nails.

After taking care of her, everyone exited the room and of course, lock it. Now she realized she was locked. Trapped in her own hell.

But she wasn't gonna give up without fight. She was gonna fight for her family, friends, daughter.. and of course, for him.

762