Chapter 9 - Drown

Loud cracking was heard and the splashing of windows as well. Chloe closed her eyes afraid of what she'll see next. But what little did she know that her saviour was the devil himself. She opened her eyes and saw Lucifer.. but not in his human form. He had his devil face on and Maze by his side alongside Amenadiel.
"Ah, Lucifer Morningstar. I did expect you to come."
Hemingson glanced at the three intruders and glanced at his bodyguards, giving them a sing to grab Chloe. One of them pointed a gun to her head and pulled her by her hair. She let out a cracked whimper, out of pain and let the tears fall to her face.
"Let her go, you bastard. Or I'll make you suffer in Hell for eternity."
"Did you really think you can scare me like this. How unfortunate, I did warn you Chloe to not betray me. But what you did?" He started walking up to her and getting a lost strand of her hair close to his lips. Lucifer's eyes were the true expression of hatred and just waiting for the right opportunity to grab the man and start beating him up until death.. or even more.
"You did betray me." Hemingson said as he let her strand out of his hand. His trusted man, Wuming did not hesitate for a moment and he slapped her face with his free hand and gripped her tight against the gun.
Lucifer growled. That was it. He grabbed Wuming as the detective fell down and many bodyguards started fighting with Amenadiel and Maze.
"Get the girl" One of them yelled as they got her for her wrist and got her out of the little room.
It was so clear now. They weren't at the ground anymore. They were in the middle of the Ocean. They were on a big yacht. The sky was clear and the water was gently beating against the cold metal of the yacht.
"Secure the lady." The boss of the bodyguards yelled after the man grabbing her wrist but he did have another plans.
He got her by her throat and got her just above the ocean. She was struggling to get air and was trying to punch his arm to free herself, but it was useless.
"Because of you, Hemingson doesn't even think about himself anymore. If you are dead, he will back to his old self." The strong bodyguard hissed through his teeth and looked at Chloe.
"You will have much trouble after I am gone." Chloe hissed back and bit his finger strong enough. He roared in pain and let her sink down in the ocean.

Dark.
She sank into the dark oblivion once again without a care to the world. She perfectly knew she was drowning, but maybe not in the water. Metaphorically she was drowning in her past she so wanted to escape from. The past with Hemingson and everything. What did change him like that? What did make him be so evil to the world? She still remembers clearly as a sunny day her first meeting with Hemingson. It was innocent, pure, normal. They were the best play buddies and friends. Did his past change him that much? The bullying? Or the fact that he was born because of rape? Chloe only wanted to help him be himself, but he was obsessed. Obsessed with thoughts of having Chloe only to himself. Killing everyone around her so she could only pay attention to him. What kind of sick mind you can be, she questioned herself. If she was alive after this, maybe she'll try to understand him.

The sunlight was burning her skin as she felt the urge to spit out whatever was in her mouth. She coughed violently and looked at the soft sand under her fingertips. She looked up and saw that she was on an island. Or so she thought. She stood up and tried to walk, but she was too tired. Tired, hungry, thirsty and more importantly - injured. For how long she was in the ocean? She took a deep breath and tried to contain herself and walked deeper in the island. It wasn't a lonely island. No. It had many houses and villas on it. She spotted an old woman who was just putting water on her flowers. She spotted Chloe and fastly called her husband. She ran up to her and helped her walk.
"Little one, what happened to you?" The old woman asked her.
"Where... are we?" Chloe said with a raspy voice and coughed again.
"Why, in LA, of course."

768