Chapter 18 - The Proposal

Her heart started beating so fast she swore she could feel and hear every rapid movement of it. She jumped out of her seat and without hesitation she left bakery, ignoring the baker's yells after her.

He was back. He was back and asking to see her. It were the most 4 long months in her existence. She jumped in her car and fastly drove through the now empty roads of L.A. Even the destiny wants her to meet her lover as soon as possible. She stopped her car in front of Lux and saw the endless queue of people, waiting to go inside. She skipped through the queue and ignored the hated sighs and grumps of the people seeing her skip through them. When she made eye contact with the bouncer, he warmly smiled at her and let her inside without even thinking. The other days he didn't smile at her like that, he just let her in. But this now strange warm smile made her feel at home.

When she entered the music stopped and every people's gaze landed on the man sitting on the piano in the centre. Chloe slowly walked to the stairs to take a better look. He was finally here. She smiled and swore that some tears rolled down her cheek. When his gaze landed on her, he smiled warmly and said, ignoring the sounds of surprise and jealousy.

"Come here, my dear."

Chloe's heart started pounding violently again, as her cheeks slightly accepted the red color and she stepped in the centre, as he made a move for her to sit beside him. She sat and looked deep into his eyes, and then he started singing:

"When you are here, I feel free."

"When you are here, I feel loved."

"Who could've thought, that I'll be here?"

"So much in love, with you."

He stood up taking her hand and started swiftly spinning her, ever so slowly, taking in all of the beauty of her face, body and everything.

"Let's dance, just like this."

"Let's never separate ever again."

"All I did was fall in love with you."

"And who could've that I'll be here, now so happy?"

"Look what you made me do."

"You got me down on one knee."

The crowd and Chloe gasped in one voice. Chloe's eyes were now watery. She was feeling she is in Heaven, in a dream. All that she wanted was this. And now it was all happening.

"For the last couple of years, you made me the happiest devil on Earth. You truly made me feel free and at home. I never felt that I belonged somewhere, but with you, I finally know what this feels like. Detective- Chloe, will you make me the honour to spend the rest of the eternity with you, and whatever the destiny throws at us, let's face it together, side by side. Chloe Jane Decker, will you marry me?"

Lucifer got out so beautiful golden ring, with a blood red gem on it. Chloe sobbed and tried to compose herself and she sniffed.

"Yes!"

She happily jumped in him and let both of them fall to the floor. Everyone started clapping and cheering up for the new couple. Chloe was silently sobbing in Lucifer out of happiness as she gently caressed her hair and was kissing her ever so gently on the neck. When Chloe removed the last tears, Lucifer got her trembling hand and pasted the ring on her hand. It fitted perfectly. He never had any doubts about it. He looked deep into her eyes and cupped her cheek.

"I love you, Chloe."

"I love you too, Lucifer."

--------------------------

"And you knew about this?" Chloe jokingly hit the hand of the demon that was laughing hysterically at her reaction.

"Yeah, Amenadiel did too. But he threatend that he'll chop our heads off if we told you about it. I didn't care, I just wanted to watch the show." And Maze kept giggling.

Chloe joined her too and looked at her future-to-be husband. He was staring at her so lovingly she thought she was the centre of the Earth. Her thoughts were interrupted by another male voice.

"Congrats brother! It was about a damn time for you two to reunite."

"I bet even a baby can know you two were head over heels with one another." Linda chirped. She received a pinch on the arm by Chloe and she giggled.

"I am so happy. I never thought of this happening. I'm feeling I'm in a fairytale." Chloe said as she looked at the ring on her hand.

Lucifer kissed her head and hugged her even tighter.

"I am glad you are feeling that way, love."

"He wanted it to be more official, but in the end we stopped at this kind of proposal." Amenadiel chuckled. That earned a low growl from Lucifer.

"Brother you weren't supposed to say this!"

Chloe giggled and kissed his cheek gently, looking him deeply.

"That was perfect. Thank you Lucifer."

Her phone beeped and she got her purse to get it. She received a message from Zen to come at her apartment, because there was a problem with the wedding cake.

"Ugh, must he now?"

Lucifer peeked at her phone and sighed, already annoyed.

"I swear Zen really is pain in the ass."

"I'll go check it fast and then come back, okay honey?"

Lucifer's heart started bumping in his chest and he smiled lovingly, even though his face was really red.

"Alright, love. Be careful, alright?"

"Mhm."

They exchanged a quick kiss and Chloe got to her feet, searching for her car.

After some minutes she was at her apartment, closing the door behind her.

"Zen, how much times I told you to not leave the door open?" She sighed rather annoyed.

There was a complete silence. A little footsteps were heard coming from Trixie's room, as she was holding someone else's hand. Chloe watched in horror as Hemingson let the little girl greet her mother.

"Mommy! Look! Uncle Hemingson came to play with me."

"Monkey, I need you to go to Auntie Olga and remain there. I need to talk to uncle Hemingson, ay?" Chloe trembled in horror and tried to compose herself.

"Mommy, are you okay?"

"Listen to me, monkey. Go to Auntie Olga and get your phone ,alright." She whispered gently and fixed her hair.

The little girl got the idea and grabbed her little backpack and left the apartment fastly.

"So now Chloe, where were we?"

1090