Chapter 2 - Forgotten pain

"Lucifer.. w-what are you doing here?" Chloe breathed on her words and choked.

All of the pain, sorrow, love, care and anger came crashing to her like a wrecking ball. If someone could read her mind, they would tell that it was a complete mess right now. Not able to say anything for both of them, Zen awkwardly laughed and put an arm around Chloe, that earned a growl from Lucifer.

"Sister.. I didn't know you knew him. Who I am kidding, you two live in one city, it cannot be possible that you didn't met. Well I will leave you two alone, sis remember that you are needed after some minutes" Zen tapped her shoulder and Chloe tried to nod, but she was desperately trying to hide the tears from her eyes. Zen left fastly without another word.

Nobody knows for how much time both of them were staring at each other, but when Lucifer tried to touch her cheek, Chloe went a step away and didn't miss the hint of pain in his eyes:

"Lucifer, what are you doing here!? Now! Do you know what I've been through, and now that I try to move on you come and-"
"Maze and Amenadil told me about your sudden dissapearance, they gave me the letter about the problems with Chin group" He said and looked at her with that caring and soft look, reserved for her only.
"I am perfectly fine as you can see, so you can go back to your duties and continue on" Chloe said as she was ready to leave and go up to the stage but Lucifer caught her wrist.
"Detective- Chloe, please give me a chance. I am here to help you. I am concerned, worried that you might get hurt, besides the problem about ruling Hell is solved for now.."
Chloe looked at him, her eyes giving up and revealing hope and a big amount of love hiding behind those so beautiful ocean eyes. Lucifer approached her and was ready to kiss those delicious red lips of hers when another male voice called of.

"Chloe, the time has come" Chandler announced as he broke their little bubble made of love. Lucifer growled and let her wrist gently, looking with burning gaze at the man. Chandler was a charismatic man, beautiful purple hair, piercing purple eyes and looking very serious.
"We'll talk later, right?" Chloe whispered against Lucifer and cupped his cheek and turned up to Chandler. "Let's get this over with"

Both Chloe and Chandler went up to the stage and sat on the chairs that were for them. Zen followed them. Chloe was between both the Chin brothers and sighed as another males approached, every one of them with difference, and only two females behind them. Lucifer couldn't believe that his Detective was around so much man, but what he could say. He could still remember the plan he has come with.

"Are you out of your mind Maze!? I have no power over souls, especially hers!" Lucifer roared towards Maze and his brother.

Now that both the devil, angel and demon were back at LA and Lux, they were discussing a plan to get Chloe out of this infinite mess she has got herself into. Maze had suggested to mark Chloe as the devil's consort and put his mark over her body and soul. Even though Amenadil wasn't over heels for this plan, he accepted it. Afterall he had sinned enough, making a baby with a human and letting the baby live in the world of humans, so what more worse could happen if the devil marks it's only true love.

"As much as I hate to accept this, Maze is right brother. If you really wish to be with her for eternity, you need to mark her, or she will die like any other mortal. Luci, think about it, she will be protected not only by our Dad, but by you too." Amenadil sighed and looked at his younger sibling.

Lucifer sighed with defeat. They were right. This was a win-win for both of them right? "Anyhow, if I want to mark the detective, I can't if I don't know where she is!" He hissed.
"Chin family works in the UK as I know. But because of that crazy person targeting them it wouldn't be easy to enter in the Chin press-conference without an invite, or a person who could let us in." Amenadil said.
"I will enter. I have my ways, brother."

"Hello ladies and gentlemen" Chandler spoke. "Today we will give to everyone the answers you want to know so bad, and tell you more about the death of our dear friend Yoosung Kim."
Chloe shivered when she heard Chandler's words. After Yoosung's suicide, she was in a deep grief and that was the main reason she left working for Chin group and leaving UK completely. This was a cruel business where a place for softness was no where to be found.

835