Chapter 20 - Final Wishes

Notice: This is NOT the end of the whole book. This is the end of Vol. 1 : Chloe's problems and POV. Second volume will be all about Lucifer problems and POV.

Chloe woke up, feeling sharp pain going through her body and many things around her. Probably some things to keep her physical state alive. Her mouth was dry and slowly her vision getting from blurry started focusing again. The ceilings were shining bright and she needed to close her eyes a little bit so she could focus her vision. She tilted her head to see much flowers on the drawers beside her bed and a sleeping male form, next to her, sitting on a chair. Lucifer. As she focused her gaze, she realized he was looking like a mess. His hair was like a birds nest, his eyes were puffy and he probably didn't left her side to even eat something. Chloe's heart arched as she saw her lover at this state. She tried to position herself at a sitting form but this of course caught the Devil's eye and he immediately jumped out of his place only to hug Chloe very tight.

"Detective! You are okay! I thought-"

He was abruptly paused because of a peck on the lips. Chloe looked him deep and cupped his cheek.

"Of course I'll be okay, you summoned be back, Luci."

"You are fine and with me. That's all that matters." He tilted his head to have a better access to the crook of her neck, kissing it lightly and whispering sweet words and promises to keep her safe from now on.

"What happened to Hemingson?" Chloe whispered, closing her eyes and just relaxing in this deep embrace she was in.

"He got arrested. I couldn't reach that bastard on time. If I did none of this would've-"

"It's not your fault, Lucifer. It's okay now. I'm okay."

--------------------------

A week in the hospital was enough for Chloe to finally get up and go back to her previous life. Hemingson was put in prison for all the crimes he did throughout the years forever, until he dies. Even though Lucifer wanted to drag him down to Hell to torture him for eternity, he was satisfied with this and didn't forget to say in many occasions that he'll patiently wait until he dies so he could personally visit him in Hell.

Now it was time for celebration. Zen was finally getting married, but he was being late for his own wedding. That jerk. Chloe had a beautiful flowery pink dress and was trying to get Jessica ready. She was fixing her hair as Jessica was saying some shenanigans that Zen is probably drunk at an erotic bar.

"Jessica, calm down. I told Chandler to be careful at choosing the place for their man evening. Don't forget that Chandler is a responsible adult. Maybe they are caught in a traffic jam?"

"I don't know, I'm really excited and worried." Jessica sighed as she fixed her gaze at the red ring that was fixing her long hair. She abruptly stopped the blonde and grabbed her hand to take a better look at the ring.

"Aya, Chloe. Is that a wedding ring?"

"Um.. yes?"

"OMG, you are getting married!?" Jessica happily yelled.

"Yes, but we are keeping it a secret for now, so can you play along?" Chloe shushed her and continued her work on.

"Alright. But tell me, who is this Mr. Special?" Jessica smirked and closed her eyes, relaxing a bit.

"It's my partner Luci-"

"OH MY GOD. Zen is gonna be pissed!" Jessica giggled.

"That's the reason I still haven't told anyone about it."

"Aww I'm sure Zen is gonna accept it normally."

And at that moment the room's door bumbed as Zen and his friend Jumin collapsed on the floor as Chandler stood behind them loudly sighing.

"They had too much alcohol." He said.

"This is a disaster! Wake him up immediately!" Chloe yelled.

After Chandler entered and picked the passed out boys, Lucifer stepped in, without Chloe noticing. He sneaked up and hugged her by her waist, pasting a gentle kiss on her head.

"How are the things, love?"

"Disastrous. Chandler is Zen okay!?" Chloe yelled.

"I think Zen won't be able to wake up soon." Chandler said, motionless.

Chloe hit her forehead loudly and looked back at Jessica. "Please wake your soon to be husband because I swear I'll get my gun and shoot him."

Jessica giggled and nodded her head.

--------------------------

After the ceremony:

"I'm throwing the bouquet!" Jessica yelled as many eager women stood behind her in order to catch the bouquet.

"Aren't you gonna join them detective?"

"Naah. Besides, I am indeed getting married, right?" She giggled.

Jessica eagerly threw the bouquet as it flew all the way down as it landed in some small hands. Trixie giggled as she sniffed the flowers eagerly.

"Good job, monkey. But it's way too early for you to get married" Chloe laughed and brushed the little girl's hair.

The ceremony and after party went incredible, as it ended for both two brothers and Jessica getting in the car to leave L.A and go back to Britain. Chloe sighed with relief as she looked beside her to see her partner smiling at her, as she grabbed his hand and both of them started walking to their place, their home.

896

This was shorter but I promise next chap will be more longer.