Chapter 14 - The Mark

Inspired by: "Chance in Hell" Books in Archive of our own 3.

Chloe woke up with a big headache. She didn't remember what happened yesterday after her talk with Wuming. But she remembered she was in a seated position, she wasn't laying.. She shot her eyes open and sat on the bed. She looked around and she perfectly knew this place. Lux. What was she doing here? How did she end up here? She was very confused. She glanced at herself and saw that she was almost naked. Almost. She let out a free sigh and glanced at her left side. On the pillow there was a single note and a white feather on it.
She took the feather and softly touched it. It was very soft, something between polar bear's fur and a cloud. Something out of this world. Well.. that was actually true. She put the feather on the nightstand carefully and took the note from the pillow. She opened it gently and started reading.

Good morning, my darling,
I hope you weren't startled when you realized where you were. I needed to leave you alone in bed so I could handle some stuff regarding Hemingson. Don't worry, I won't hurt him.. not yet.
Anyway, I am glad you are back to me, my love. When I come back I'll tell you everything that happened, and you must tell me what happened to your eye, love. I changed your eye patch with a more comfortable one. The black one suits you more, even though I would prefer to see your both beautiful eyes. Maze is downstairs if you need anything.
Love,
Lucifer.

She was over the moon to know that she was finally free and back to her soulmate. Yes, that word really suited him. She touched her face and got up to search for a mirror. She looked at her reflection to see the eye patch changed. It was black and in the middle of it was written six hundred threescore and six.
"The mark of the Devil?" She whispered to herself. She really had much questions on her mind. But little did she know that the same mark was not only on her eye but over her heart. She glanced down to her chest and saw the reddish mark just over her heart on her left breast. She was struck. When did this appear on her? What does this mean? She was ready to start panicking when she realized Maze was downstairs. She needs answers and she can't wait for Lucifer.
She fastly grabbed Lucifer's robe and went downstairs.

The club was now empty, obviously for day time. Only Maze was sitting on one of the stools on the bar. When she saw Chloe she quickly got on her feet and hugged her best buddy.

"Decker, you are awake. You really scared the shit out of us." She chuckled and hit her arm jokingly.
Chloe looked at Maze and was happy to see her again.

"Hey Maze, um- can you tell me what's going on? How did I end up here?"

"Oh simple, Wuming drugged you and handed you to Lucifer himself. I don't know what that bitch wants, but I am sure he will want something in the future."

"He handed me to Lucifer? That's really suspicious."
Chloe put her finger on her chin, deep in thought. Did her conversation with him somehow made him change his mind and let her go? She didn't know.

"What about this mark? How did it appear on me? What does it mean?" Chloe asked as she showed Maze her left breast.
Maze was on the verge of touching her when Chloe hit her arm.

"That's obviously Lucifer's mark. I thought he would mark you when you are.. more conscious."

"What do you mean?"

"He was meant to mark you when the right time was. I didn't know he marked you yesterday."

"No, no. I mean, what does the mark mean for me, specifically?"

"He wants you to be his consort and he needs to make sure you are only his. Though the idea seemed impossible for me, in the end, I was the one who initiated it."

His what? Chloe froze there in pure shock. She didn't know how to react or what to say. But she felt like she was in Heaven. This was her dream. To be only his and no one others. She smiled and sighed.

"Anyway, what happened to your eye, Decker?"

"Oh, well, accident. Let's just say Hemingson has a lot of fans and I got hit."

Maze's face changed. At first, she didn't care that much for Chloe, but with the time she has become part of the demon's life. She was caring for her and she really adored her and the little urchin of hers. She was mad that someone hurt her like that.

"But to be honest, I look kinda scary with it, don't you think?" Chloe chuckled.

"Yeah, you're looking very sexy, Decker."

Chloe giggled as both of the girls heard the door opening. Lucifer entered the club and he was speechless to see his detective here. She was wearing his clothes and she was smiling at him. This was what he always wanted. Chloe ran up to him and hugged him. He put his hands on her waist and buried his nose deep into her hair and neck, accepting the sweet aroma from her.

"Welcome back, love."

"I am so glad you are okay" She sighed as she kissed his cheek and hugged him even more tight.

"Hey you two, get a room" Maze chuckled and tried to make a disgusted face. She was happy for both of them.

"How are you feeling, detective?"

"Kinda okay, I guess. We have a lot to talk about, right?"

"Mhm, let's get you upstairs, darling."

974.