It's only words - Tzuyu (Part 1)

A/N: this story is in the same universe as Stay By My Side. For simplicity purposes, (Y/N) will simply be called Kaito. Anyways, enjoy!

~ Strawberry moon is out btw <3
JisoosimpXD

____________________________

"Chewy-ya," Sana says. I look up from my monitor.

"Kaito and I are gonna make a move first," she continues.

"Ok. Good night." I say flatly before getting back to my work.

"Don't work too late okay? C'mon babe, let's go," she chirps before pulling her secretary-boyfriend along with her. Gosh they were so cute together. I pull my thoughts away from the happy couple and get back to my spreadsheet. Ever since that talk and scuffle that happened at the investors gala, our sales and shares increased exponentially, which meant more work for me.

At the same time, the publicity department was also busy, which meant my best friend for 18 years, Tanaka Tanjiro, was also burning the midnight oil like me. Unlike Sana and Kaito, we never split up and we stayed together. We bought an apartment together and moved in, giving me 3 homes, my parents house, my apartment with Tanjiro and my boyfriend, Dae-hyun's apartment. I hear a knock on my door and look up to see Tanjiro leaning on the doorframe.

"Midnight oil gang?" he asks as he lifts up a plastic bag from 7-11. I grin and nod.

"Midnight oil gang," I echo as I gesture for him to sit. He walks in, plastic bag in one hand and his Ipad that he used to draw in the other. He sets the plastic bag down and pulls out two coffee cups, along with some snacks.

"Hot chocolate for the tall yoda," he teases as he hands me a cup.

"Shut up," I giggle as I remove the lid. Steam wafts out of the cup and into my face as I blow gently on the surface of the beverage. I take a small sip of the dark brown liquid. The sweet taste of chocolate fills my mouth as I let out a contented sigh.

"You should really try coffee one day Tzu," Tanjiro says as he takes a sip of his coffee.

"When you get pigs to fly, I'll try it," I scoff.

"I'll add that to my bucket list," he jokes as he sets his Ipad on the desk. I laugh and feel a smile stretch across my face. Only he could bring my spirits up like this.

"Whatchya working on?" He asks as he opens up the poster he's working on.

"Just a spreadsheet of our sales...you?" I reply.

"Mr Hikaru recently pushed a poster idea to Ms Im so naturally I'll have to draw that out so that we can visualise it," he sighs as begins drawing on his screen with the apple pencil.

"Mind if I play some music?" he asks as he whips out his phone.

"Be my guest, just nothing with lyrics," I request. He nods and taps at his phone for a few seconds before music starts playing. He sets his phone down as soft lofi music begins playing. We silently get back to work as I open a chocolate bar that was in the plastic bag. I hold the chocolate bar in my mouth as I continue typing on my spread sheet.

CLICK

I look to my left and see Tanjiro holding his phone in his hands. He chuckles as he shows me the photo of me staring intently at the screen with a bar of chocolate sticking out of my mouth.