It's only words - Tzuyu (Part 2)

Tzuyu POV

"Why would I lie to you Tzu? We've known each other for almost 2 decades. When would I tell a lie for shits and giggles?"

"Could you stop being such a pain in the ass Tanjiro?"

Calm down Tzuyu, don't get too angry or you'll say something you'll regret.

"A pain in the ass? Tzu, I'm trying to look out for you!"

"Please, you're just taking shots in the dark with no evidence."

"I heard them Tzu! And it wasn't just me, Nayeon heard it too!"

"Don't drag your boss into this."

Calm down.

"I'm not dragging her into anything Tzuyu! She heard it as well!"

"You know what Tanjiro, I've had enough. Kindly do me a favour and shut your mouth."

"But-"

"I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP! IS THAT SO HARD TO FUCKING UNDERSTAND? I'M HAVING A BAD DAY AND YOUR STUPID THEORY ISN'T HELPING. YOUR SUCH A SENSITIVE PAIN IN THE ASS! YOU KNOW, MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE LEFT YOU TO ROT WITH YOUR FATHER SO I DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR BULLSHIT!"

I gasp and slap my hand over my mouth as Tanjiro's eyes fill with pain. What have I done?

"Wait Tanjiro...I-I didn't mean to..." I stammer. I take a step towards him but he steps back.

"Don't...Don't come any closer..." he whispers, his tone laced with pain. I could see tears in his eyes as I fought to keep my own contained.

"Tanjiro...please..." I whisper.

"I'm sorry..." he says before running out of my office.

"Tanjiro!" I say, unable to hold my emotions back anymore. My voice cracks and I fall to my knees, sobbing.

Shit. I fucked up big time.

I bury my face into my hands as regret fills my heart.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I look up to see Chaeyoung holding me in her arms.

"What happened Tzuyu?" she asks. I bury my head into her chest and wail.

"I screwed up unnie...this is my fault..." is all I can manage as I continue to sob into my unnie's shirt. Tanjiro was only trying to help, why was I pushing him away like that? Why couldn't I just keep my damn mouth shut and bite my tongue? I knew that I wasn't one to think before I speak when I was angry, yet I couldn't bite my tongue when it came to my best friend. I continued to cry into Chaeyoung's shirt as I let my regret loose.

"Do you want me to call you a cab back?" she asks as she strokes my hair. I shake my head. I wasn't ready to see him, not after what I said...I see my unnie think for a moment.

"Wait here, let me make a phone call," She says. She gently pulls herself out of my grasp and runs out to make her call. She returned a few minutes later with a blanket.

"Let's go," she said as she gently helped me to my feet.

"G-Go where?" I ask.

"Sana and Kaito are coming to pick you up. You'll be staying with them cause I doubt you want to see Tanjiro now," she says as she wraps a blanket around me. I nod silently as she helps me to gather my things and place them in my bag. She slings my bag over her shoulder and guides me to the lift lobby. She calls the lift and presses the button to the lobby and the lift starts to descend. We get out and step out into the chilly autumn air as we wait for Sana and her boyfriend. A heavy rain had begun to fall, matching my current mood. A few minutes later, a black Mercedes pulls up and Sana steps out. She wordlessly walks out and brings me into a hug as Kaito accepts my bag from Chaeyoung and puts it in the back seat.