Hurdle

Sorry it's a bit late but here it is-

JEREMY POV

I go to pick up Yuca.She sees me and smiles.Suddenly, Sam pulls up nearby.

"Why are you here?"

"Hi Yuca"he grins ignoring the question.

"Sam!"

"Mission accomplished".He's still grinning.

"Eh?"

"Audition.J passed.Come on we're having a party"

"You passed?Great.

I smile.

"Aren't you coming?"

"Sorry but no.Can't skip extra classes.Terry.Since you won't tell me over the phone ,I was just waiting to know the result"

"Not even for just a little while..."Sam whines.

"So sorry.I'm then going.Bye Sam,Jeremy"

"But ...who's Terry?"Yuca has already went away.

"What's it to you?Let's go"

We drove back .Lawrence is already here."What the...where were you?".None of us answer."So where's the party you were talking about?"

"Party's off .I'm going home"Sam announces.

"But you came up with it"

"Don't care"he tells us,goes and drives away.

"Whoah dude,whats going on?"

"Sulking?Bipolar?".

We cancelled the party and just went back.

I reached home.Looks like no one's home.I entered inside to find Sylvi sitting on the couch."Jeremy"she screams as soon as I step in."Hi syl"

"You're late"

"For what?"

"I WAS WAITING"

"O...kay".

"Can you tell my mother to not send me for the group tuition?Pleeease?"she asks me.I just smile.She complains about it every year."I'll try.But she wont listen to me either."

"Trust me she will".she says.I go to the kitchen for a drink,then went to my room.

When everyone came back,we gathered in the kitchen for dinner.Sylvi,as always,is talking non-stop.She looks at me"Jeremy?".She is silently pointing to her mother.Taking the cue I said"Um auntie,did you register Syl for the group tuition?".

"Yes.Why?Did she ask you to talk me out of it?"she says turning to Syl.

"You know maybe ,she could skip it this year?".

"It's for her grades.And Jeremy don't always listen to her.You pamper her too much,she'll be spoilt".

"It's not that..."

"Oh alright.I'll think about it".

After remaining silent for sometime I decided to tell mum."Yes"she answers.

"There was an audition at Xcel."I was deciding whether to continue.But I've already started so"I..I got selected"

"Jeremy.Thats so so great"Sylvi squeals.

"You're still wasting time singing?"father asks"You need to be studying.Already enough of your singing"I knew he'd say that."But isn't it nice?"Sylvi says"Then does it mean you'll stay there?Do you need to sign contracts?What about..."

"No one is going anywhere"father states angrily.

"But I want to be a singer and it's such a big chance."

"Don't argue"

"But..."Mum looks at me worriedly so I did not say anything.

I leave the table and go to my room.I'm sick of him always saying no to everything I decide.I have a life and I'm not listening to him anymore,not this time.

How is the story so far.Is it good?Any comments?

If you like it VOTE.Click on the little star.
Have fun.