Taking a break

I opened my eyes in a strange room with an unfamiliar smell.I looked around and saw that I was on a bed with an IV by the table.

"You're awake",someone said.It was mum.

"Are you ok?"Sam and Lawrence were there and Celan and Maven too.

"Why am I here?"I asked.

"Don't you remember?"

"You fainted during practice"Celan said.

Just then ,a man with spectacles and a white coat entered.

"You're up?Are you feeling fine?"he asked.Am I ?

"Don't worry.It is not very serious.But I'd advise you to be careful".

"Is he awake?"Mr Fleming comes in with Andy."How is he doctor?"

"Some rest and he'll be fine"Turning to me ,he said"I hear you've been refusing to eat.It's not good for health"

"Listen to him.You're working so hard nowadays without resting.And look where starving brought you"Celan says,sounding like mum.

"Inform me if anything is wrong.And please don't crowd around near the patient".

No one left for a while despite the doctor's words.But mum and Mr.Fleming went out and Andy too.After a while,Yuca rushed in.She looks at me and to Sam and Lawrence".

"I'm sorry I came so late.I didn't know"she said.

"News travel fast",I said but I don't know if she could understand,my voice was too weak.

"Are you alright now?"she asks.I smile at her.She weakly smiles back with a relieved face and sits down.

Lawrence had to go back.And Celan and Maven had practice and were dragged away by Mr Fleming.Mum didn't move since she came back.

I felt my throat get very dry,so I reached for the water.Yuca jumped up and handed it to me."Here".

"Is anything wrong?"mum asked sounding alarmed.

"No mum"I slowly say.

I stayed in the hospital all day.It felt like a waste of time ,doing nothing.Sylvi came too and mum made Sam go home saying she'll be here.Yuca didn't agree .

The next morning,I woke up in the same room again.Trying to sit up,I noticed mum nearby,sleeping quietly.Yuca was sleeping leaning on the wall.The sight made me smile a little.I didn't wake up anyone.I remained silent ,thinking.

How did I end up here?All these years there was only one reason for everything..And it disappeared after destroying everything.

"You're already up".Mum must have woken up.She sits up properly and asks if I need anything.Then she turns to Yuca,"You have some pretty great friends".

"Do I now?"

Mum goes to wake her up.

"Leave her mum.She must be tired".

Mum goes outside and I'm left gazing at Yuca.

"Don't ".Sam comes in and steps in front of me"Don't look at her like that".

"When did you come?"

"I came back soon".

By evening,I was permitted to go home.But I didn' want to go back at Xcel right awayAnd mum insisted Mr.Flrming to let me take a break andhe reluctantky agreed.I could not go back home though.I heard father did not allow it.So mum made me stay at granny's house.

Let me know if I it was fun.