Will it be a yes?

Sorry for the extremely late update.There was a power cut due to lightning and very heavy rains.Don't know if it would help,but it's a double update.So keep reading.

I've been preparing    for the school foundation day all this while.There were not many  days.And the event is today.

I was sure I was early,but maybe I'm not.The teachers and students were running around trying to make sure everyone was in their  place.It is an important event for the school and I guess they don't want to mess up.Our school prides itself in the level of discipline and for any competition,anyone going to join should  be present early backstage.

A guy was reading out names checking them ."Call Eric here.Where is Jeremy?"He's shouting.

"Jeremy's here"someone says from behind  me.I turn around and surprisingly  see Crystal smiling at me."Crystal?!"

She looks at me and says"You're late.Now go there",she says pointing  to where the shouting guy is  standing.

  The event        started  soon.Our school   principal started the event .Some guests spoke on how they were pleased they were invited and how good the school was and    so on.There were some opening performances.And the competition started.It's already getting tiresome waiting   for my turn.Eric came and wished me good luck,Yuca came and said the same,so did some girls who I don't know.

After a long wait ,they announced my name."Next up...last year's winner,Jeremy..."

As soon as I go up on stage,the crowd cheers   loudly,I'm used to this.I told the playing band  what song I was going to sing.It's one of Crystal's favourite songs. I started singing -

You're insecure,
Don't know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,

(The cheers get louder)

Don't need make-up,
To cover up,
Being the way that you are is enough,
Everyone else in the room can see it,
Everyone else but you,
Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh, oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'd understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know,
Oh, oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
Oh, oh,
That's what makes you beautifu
So c-come on.
You got it wrong.
To prove I'm right
I put it in a song.
I don't know why
You're being shy,
And turn away when I look into your eye-eye-eyes.
Everyone else in the room can see it,
Everyone else but you,
Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed,
But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell,
You don't know,
Oh oh,
You don't know you're beautiful,
If only you saw what I can see,
You'll understand why I want you so desperately,
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe,
You don't know...

As I finished the song,another very loud round of cheering  swept the hall.I can see the girls going wild,situation normal.But I'm searching for just one   person and I can't see her anywhere.I got off the stage and was back to where I was sitting  earlier.

Eric came and told me"J,they're going to announce the winner"

"I     know".I wanted to sit for some more time but Eric dragged me out.

"Second place goes to Stacy."

"First place this year is..."Of course it's me"Last year's winner ...Jeremy".I walked up to the stage again,smiling at the crowd."Three years consecutive wins...well done"our school  principal tells me handing me the trophy."Thank you,sir".The audience claps.I wave at the audience and go back.

Eric was not backstage so I went  searching for him.On the way,I met Crystal."Jeremy I've been waiting for you"

"You have?"I'm a bit surprised.

"Here,smile"she tells me holding up her camera.

"This one's for   the   school  magazine.This year too huh?Congrats"Oh, she was waiting for this.

"No need. The  prize s not  what I want"I say .

"Then what do you want?"she asks me  with a hint of her giggle.

My  heart is beating like crazy.I don't feel nervous much,but honestly,now I am mervous."You"I told her.

"What?"she's still smiling.Then she stops and stares at me.This is it."Crystal...I wanted to  ask you this for a long time.Will you go out with me?"What if she says no?Please say yes.Crystal just stares motionless.Then she finally starts speaking"Does that mean you like me?"What?

"Of course ",I mutter looking at her.Her eyes slowly starts tearing up."Me too"she stayings,flinging  her arms around me.I was stunned for a while.

"So,it's a yes?"

"Yes"she replies sobbing.I hug her back.

Then I heard a loud sound and turned to check.A girl  fell on the floor."Oops".Some other girls  were also looking at us ,partly hiding behind the wall.But they hurriedly walked away.

Any votes?Any comments?