Butterfly fly away

All of my friends are gathered around me.It's  Sam's birthday today and they insisted they help me prepare so I don't embarrash myself.But their "helping"is making me exhsusted.They are trying   to choose something for me to wear.And it's their first time coming to our house so they are being very noisy.

After a long time of going through the wardrobe they selected a high waisted skirt I had never worn and a top with short sleeves.Then they made me wear  the highest shoes I had .Stacy was wondering how to style my hair.But I decided to keep my hair loose,for once.I slipped on my tiny watch while Stacy handed me my purse and the gift.

I wanted them to come because I was nervous.But they denied with grins I knew too well ."Be a thirdwheel?No chance"Stacy said and left.

So I had  to ask Terry.When I arrived ,the place was already filled with people.That's when I wanted to sing "butterfly fly away"I  stopped becoming increasingly insane when I heard Terry's voice.He opens the door and hands me my purse."Have fun"he says looking around"While you still can".I gulped,I'm supposed to be in tuition right now.

I didn't notice Sam in my fit of nervousness until he said"You look  cute" which made me smile  a little even if I don't know if it's true."You too"I say.He's in dark pants,a light shirt with loose folded neckline and a blazer with sleeves pulled up.

"I guess that was your friend "he  says indicating Terry  who was driving away."Brother"I corrected"He's my brother Terry"."Really?"he asks in a delighted voice.I simply nod.And at his cheerful grin,the butterflies flew away,for a while.

I realized I still had the gift so I quickly gave it to him"Happy birthday Sam".He opened the box and looked at the watch.He grinned and held out his hand to me.Confused,I just stood there."Put it on"Oh.So I put the watch on his hand and he smiled some more.

----------

"Listen up everyone..."The noise stops as Sam starts speaking"I have a very important person to introduce.She's my special guest today so please welcome her.Yuca,come up ".I was shocked.But  Sam  kept repeating so I slowly went up.

"And as she's my special guest,she gets this"he says and places the first piece of cake before me.I shake my head.He  looks at me with pleading eyes ."Since it's his birthday..."I ended up eating the cake before things  get awkward.

When we came across Eric .He happened to tell Sam"She's alright,dude"with a quick glance at me ."Just alright?"he asks with an unhappy face"You're not getting any cake"he says snatching it away which left me laughing.

But the laughter quickly disappeard  when Jeremy  appeared, everything came back again-the irritating pain,the stinging eyes reminding my foolishness,increasing anger heating up my face. "Look who's wearing a skirt?"he said and smiled innocently.Suddenly,everything  melted away...until Crystal came .She came in a purple dress with super high heels.As she brushed her long hair away,a little hair clip sparkled under the lights.I noticed her smiling at me and realised I was staring at her."Oh ,hi"I say in a weak voice which probably did not cover how out of place I felt.

  Comments?Is the story pace unsteady?Liked it?Or not?Let me know.