Chapter 33

AJAJAJAJA

THE AMOUNT OF TIMES I REWROTE THIS CHAPTER—

I forgot to include Genya, he is NOT dead. He's with Shinobu and the others for now.

Silence filled the area as the last flesh crumbled, the wind softly carried the last specks of dust into the bright sunlight and everyone held their breath, afraid that if they make a sound, the miracle will end.

But it didn't.

And tears filled their dry eyes, emotions burst into the clearing and they screamed.

"UWAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

"WE BEAT HIM! WE BEAT MUZAN! MUZAN IS DEAD!!"

Every fighter screamed and cried with joy, some clutched the remaining memories of their dead comrades and friends while others finally collapsed from sheer exhaustion, the people screamed and cried, holding and clinging onto others because it's their victory.

Humanity won.

Muzan is gone.

And he's never coming back.

And as if they had practiced this over a thousand times, everyone who was still able to move without collapsing began to help the injured, promising that they'll live through their injuries.

"IT'S NOT OVER YET!"

"STAND UP!! HELP THE INJURED!!"

"HURRY, GO AROUND AND GIVE AID!"

"DON'T CRY MORON, KEEP IT TOGETHER!"

Kakushi members all hurried to different places, preparing for damage control, preparing their explanation speeches and preparing a shelter for the injured ones.

Kochou Shinobu calmly assessed the injured ones, behind her, Genya was racing around to grab the items that was needed and it wasn't long before Aoi arrived with the little three girls to help.

In the distance, Sanemi opened his eyes and breathed in sharply, the last memories of meeting his father and mother in the afterlife echoed and he slowly realized that he was all bandaged up.

So he stood up.

Despite the panicking noises of the Kakushi, he looked around and coughed slightly as he can feel his blood seeping out of his wounds.

Sanemi's eyes searching for the familiar (h/c) hair and haori.

And as he turned around to question the kakushi, his fathers words echoed through his mind, leaving Sanemi speechless, no words coming out when he tried to talk to the kakushi.

"You still ain't going anywhere, not here, nor there."

His father stared down at him and Sanemi cursed him for taking his mother away.

"Be grateful you're my son. You're goddamn strong, now go, the woman is dying and she doesn't have long."

Sanemi stared into the space and his body moved on auto-pilot, suddenly locating what he was turning to find.