Chapter 19

Recap of chapter 18 -- Where (Y/n) decided to come with Tanjirou to the blacksmith's village because the original blacksmith who made his sword stopped since Tanjirou kept breaking the katana.

Why the hell did this take me so long to upload???

Also manga spoilers ahead!!!

Edit: Just re-editing this chapter so it makes sense and yes I know I'm a shithead for not updating since the 20th of February.

Updated on 20th of February
Re-edited on 25th of March...

"Hello there."

A small man wearing a mask greeted as (Y/n) and Tanjiro sat down on the tatami mat.

"I am the chief of this village, Tecchikawahara Tecchin, very nice to meet you."

Although (Y/n) have never taken in a lot of details during the manga because of the tension, she was extremely surprised to as that the chief of this village is extremely tiny... As if sensing her thoughts, the chief continued.

"I may be the smallest in this village, but I am also the best at my craft."

If it was possible or just (Y/n)'s imagination, his face darkened and his voice trembled slightly.

"Now, now your heads so low it touches the mat."

(Y/n) and Tanjiro paled slightly before both banged their head onto the mat.

Slam

"KAMADO TANJIRO!"
"(Y/n) (L/n)."

"VERY HONOURED TO MEET YOU!"
"Very honoured to meet you!"

The chief villager seemed to beam at Tanjiro's enthusiasm, ignoring (Y/n) while he only addressed Tanjiro.

"What a good boy, now come here and take some dough cakes."

Tanjiro beamed and went forward.

"Thank you so much!"

(Y/n) was ignored throughout this interaction and considering she knows what happened in the manga, she zoned out slightly and eyed the spider by the corner of the wall, already knowing that the village elder was explaining where Haganezuka Hotaru went.

(Y/n) jolted slightly as Tanjiro tugged her haori, "Nee-san, it's time to leave."

(Y/n) bowed in respect at the village elder before standing up to leave before a small basket of dough cakes was thrown at her.

"You look hungry child, take some with you, an empty stomach will do no good." The village elder chided before waving them off.

(Y/n) smiled before leaving.

They walked out of the gate before walking down a small trail before arriving at a pathway with the sign 'spring'.

"The hot spring is at the top of this hill, I will be preparing your meal down here."

Before (Y/n) nor Tanjiro can give their thanks, (Y/n) spotted a familiar figure running towards them and then the Nirvana pillar panicked.

"IT'S (Y/N)-CHAN AND TANJIRO-KUNNN!"

(Y/n) slightly shrieked in dismay as she saw the sad face of Mitsuri.

"OH! PLEASE BE CAREFUL! YOUR BREASTS ARE GOING TO SPILL OUT!"

(Y/n) wall slammed her face in a milli-second before wondering why the hell is Tanjiro so...

Blunt.