Chapter 22

So uh, two months without updating but at least it isn't three months? I'm unmotivated and I'm sorry—

She was forgetting.

(Y/n) was loosing her memories one by one and she doesn't even know when things are going to take place now.

She just remembers that there was a train arc, the red light district, Muzan tracking down every demon slayer spots, the training arc and then.. the finale?

But the time line seemed to be.. all mixed.

What was she even like before she came into this world? Who were her family? Did she have siblings? What about a pet? What was her favorite subject?

She's forgetting it all.

And... someone's taken her place.

But who? Was it the original person of this body? It could be a high chance...

What if—

...

Ah... what was she doing? It felt like someone took away her memories just then... that's right, she was-

...

"When battling demons, you always go for whatever opening you have and can see, but have you guys ever thought of making an opening and using your surroundings to your advantage?"

(Y/n) (L/n) questioned the demon slayers who were kneeling down on the tatami mat as she walked back and forth slowly, staring at each of them in the eye before continuing.

"I for one know a few who uses their opponents surroundings as an advantage, creating their own openings by using their weakness and hesitation to win." She stopped and turned around, eyeing some familiar survivors from the Natagumo mountain incident, where lower moon 6 had resided.

"Many demon slayers have died during that mission, controlled by the spider webs and unable to dodge in time, I understand that there was the lower moon 6 residing there but it doesn't make a difference."

She stopped and began her long talk about strategy using, talking about how they could've run up trees and dodge with their forms while using their concentrated breathing.

She began pointing out strategies and talked about what teamwork people would've used if they stick together.

"Think of this like Shogi, or any type of game, where you take control because your enemies are just pawns to be run over by your commands, but never ever think your comrades are disposable so you can carry the achievements underneath your name."

(Y/n) narrowed her (e/c) orbs before she ordered everyone to get up and form into groups, rotating every once in a while to get used to moving their forms together.

"Members who have not yet mastered the total concentration breathing will be here with me, otherwise will head to the butterfly estate so you can learn with the helpers."

As she watched over the people training before her, she frowned and nibbled her bottom lip, wondering if they'll ever survive because in the manga, she didn't see any other characters helping the Hashira members along with the Kamaboko trio and Kanao.

Like they were all killed off when Walmart MJ kinda exploded.

Ignoring the slight movement within her sensing ward, she casually slipped her katana out of the sheath and flicked the object away with ease, her katana already slicing back into her sheath, unable to be spotted by untrained eyes.

She glanced up and glared at the people who stopped moving.

"No breaks are happening right now, continue, I'm preparing you to survive for nothing, in roughly 10 more minutes you guys will rotate."

Some people gulped and turned around, determination in their eyes while some gained annoyance and awe.

(Y/n) wondered if this was what other protagonists felt like when they were sucked into stories.

Not the author casually breaking the wall again.

(Y/n) jerked her head slightly as a crow fluttered down onto the window sill, she hurriedly walked over there before opening up the later, scanning through the contents before sighing and turned around to address her students.

"I will be back, and when I'm gone I will be putting you in charge, it will take about 30 minutes or so."
(Y/n) announced as she patted a fellow reincarnater/stuck in dimension person who actually seemed to know what he was doing.

He nodded.

(Y/n) gave a thumbs up.

He gave her a look.

She narrowed her eyes at him and confirmed it, before leaving.

Oyakata-Sama had summoned her and it seems that the final arc will be taking place very soon, in two more days perhaps?

No, probably much more than that.

~~~

"(L/n)-san."

"Himejima-san."

The two pillars greeted each other in silence and sat down before the leader arrived, both of them stifling as Oyakata-Sama looked like he was about to fall in a single second, with many bandages wrapped around him.

He looked so... fragile.

"The reason why I have called you two here it's because I know you are both stronger than the others."

(Y/n) hesitated before bowing in respect, "Oyakata-sama, that is an extremely high praise, I have not surpassed my fellow comrades in many areas."

The rock pillar bowed in response although only thanking him for he too, knew that he was the strongest out of all of them, he is after all, the one who has been a Hashira the longest.

Oyakata-Sama only smiled before moving onto the subject they were originally called for.

It wasn't a good one.

~~~

"(Y/n)-san..."

The Nirvana pillar didn't show but the slightest shift meant in the mood showed that she was listening.

"This is a selfish request but please.."

"Please survive this and look after the others, I do not wish for many of my friends to die."

(Y/n) stared off into the distance before signaling that they should continue walking, just far enough to avoid it.

"The same goes for me Himejima-san, I wish for you to survive but it seems you can no longer carry such burden, but I will try to survive through this and protect the others."

The man shifted his head towards her and he smiled, (Y/n) smiled in return, enjoying the brief moment of silence, not allowing herself to break down before both grabbed their weapons and the estate exploded.

Himejima sprinted and (Y/n) was grateful that they were able to share some last sentences.

The time they spent with each other.

It was fun.

Screams of anguish rang across the place as all demon slayers headed towards the explosion.

It is time... for the final battle...