Chapter 2: Vodka and Smoke

Russia- 1914
~

Y/N stood there watching as the serbians made a mess in the elegant living room. Serbia snapped his fingers at the young butler/maid.

"Aye, aren't you going to clean our mess? That's your job isn't?" Serbia asked in perfect Russian. A jerk.. of course, it's not really a surprise to Y/N when they first stepped into the living room.

Y/N nodded and started to clean and serve the Serbian soldiers. After cleaning and freshening the air in the elegant living room, the Serbs left without saying goodbye. They said something about a 'meeting' with the Russian Empire.

Y/N huffs in frustration being left to pick up the pieces and damage they've done. They looked down at the coffee table and saw some gold coins left and a note under the glimmering coins. Y/N picked up the note that was written in Russian and started to read it.

'Thank you for cleaning the living room. I won't promise that I'll clean up after myself, but what the hell, here's a tip.
-Serbia'

Y/N puts the note down and stares at the coins. They probably live with Karina, right? Y/N took the coins and stuffed them into their pocket. Finishing up the living room, Y/N left and went to the kitchen.

Y/N watched as butlers, maids, cooks, and servants run back and forth from place to place. The kitchen was huge, the scent of cooked meat, broth, veggies, and everything was warm and smelt delicious.

Y/N saw a familiar brunette walking towards them. Karina gives Y/N plates and silverware and takes them to the dining room.

"We have to get this place ready for Masters meeting. The other allies will be here, too. Meet me at the front door where we can greet them and show them to the dining room." Karina said. She then started putting fresh flowers in vases to give the room at least some color.

Y/N started to put plates and silverware down while another butler put glass down. Another maid was perfecting the alcohol. Russian Empire never mentioned a meeting this morning only saying to pick up after the soldiers here, maybe he said something about a meeting yesterday or a few days ago before Y/N joined to be a butler/maid.

After Y/N was done and made sure everything was perfect, they left the dining room and headed for the entrance. After a few minutes, they were lost... the palace was huge they had no idea where they're going. Until a familiar stench reached their nose, smoke mostly cigar or cigarettes. They followed the scent only to find it was Serbia.

The Slavic country turned around and saw Y/N. He gave them a small smile and a chuckle. "Can't get enough of me? How cute." He said, his smirk made them blush. Shaking off the blush, they walked over to the country, "Do you know where the entrance is? I'm new to the job." They asked. Serbia, holding his smirk, nodded and started leading them to the entrance.

"I thought you were new to this when you stood at the living room entrance doing nothing but watch us making a mess." Serbia said. He held an old rifle probably loaded. He also had a pistol on his waist where the holder was on.

Serbia saw that Y/N was staring at his weapons. "Have you ever used one of these before?" He asked as he held out his pistol. The young man/lady/person stepped back in fear that the Slavic country would shoot them. They shook their head, answering the question Serbia asked.

The country chuckled again. It made their cheeks heat up. What a nice voice he has. Serbia put his pistol away and continued walking with Y/N following behind him. "I'll teach you later, yeah?" He asked again, trying to get Y/N to talk again. He must've liked their calm voice.

"You mean it?" They asked, Serbia's smirk widened when they spoke finally.

"Of course. You need to learn how to use these when something happens to you." He said, he stopped, and Y/N realized they're at the entrance now. They saw Karina standing with some other butlers and maids. She saw the new butler/maid and motioned them to stand beside her.

Before Y/N went beside their friend, they felt a hand on their shoulder. They turned around to look at Serbia, he handed Y/N something and let them go. Y/N stood beside Karina and looked at what Serbia gave them. It was a silver knife clean and sharp.

The doors opened, and the young butler/maid quickly put the knife away in their pocket and stood tall. They saw Britain and France walking in. They wore heavy coats from the harsh winter outside the palace.

The butlers and maids greeted the two countries and took their coats so they could hang it. Karina nudges Y/N and walked over to the three countries. Serbia was chatting with Britain and France in English. His thick accent made Britain cringe a bit.

"Welcome to the palace, United Kingdom and France! I'll be leading you to the dining room." Karina said, she spoke English so Britain would understand her and doesn't have to make the poor Empire suffer, struggling to understand Russian.

Karina and Y/N led the three countries towards the dining room, where they both opened the door for them. The other butlers and maids pulled out seats for them and set napkins on their lap.

Waiters started putting food and drinks on the table, Y/N was dragged to where other maids and butlers were at.
The doors opened again, and the Russian Empire came in. A butler set the Empire down, and they opened the platter so the countries could eat and discuss the 'problem'.

"As all of us know, the Austrian-Hungrain Empire isn't happy at all with the whole war. And with the German Empire on his side and Ottoman and Bulgaria. The war might be difficult to manage." Russian Empire said, he took a sip of vodka.

"I've been thinking of asking America, maybe he could help us." Britain said. He rubbed his neck a bit, nervous of what the other countries think.

"Oh please, what is America going to do? We're fine by ourselves." Serbia said.

"Agreed, the French never surrenders! Germany will regret messing with us." France said she took a sip of her wine and smiled st Britain.

Before anyone could say anything, the large doors creaked open, and everyone turned their attention to the large door.