Chapter 28: Void

×;@,$,,÷=,/;- =*&,,'(=(%
~

Y/N woke up to see that they were in the void of nowhere, where they had seen their demon the last time. Black fog surrounds the area, and the only source of light was a small lantern on the ground. It flickered as a breeze bushed Y/N and the object.

"I thought I was.. what's going on now?" Y/N asked themselves. They picked up the lantern and started to walk into the unknowns of the void.

The sound of chatter and clinking was getting louder and louder until they made it to the same table Whirl played chess on. This time, he was playing battleship by himself, and he was arguing through an old telephone.

"Don't worry, Y/N is fine! Oh, c'mon, give me some credit that I'm showing someone - ok ok geez. Look, if Y/N refuses, then don't blame me, ok?" Whirl groans as he leans away from the telephone. He saw that Y/N was standing at the end of the table, lantern in hand.

The demon leans back to his phone, "I'll talk to you later. Code fleshy is here." Whirl whispered before hanging up.

"Ugh! I forgot that I lost focus on your journey! My bad! How are you, by the way?"

"Well, let's see, I miss Reich, I had intercourse with two countries. My best friend is dead, my next best friend is dying! And I have a son." Y/N answered with anger tinted in their tone.

"Ah yes, 1806? Ok, I'll get you back to where you were."

"Who were you talking to?" Y/N questioned, Whirl paused and sweat a bit.

"Someone... important, that's all you need to know. He doesn't like me showing you the past and all. It's not like it's going to affect the history.... maybe." Whirl chuckled to himself while a sweat drops from his colorful skull.

"Wait, am I affecting history by being here?????" Y/N asked in a panic.

"I said maybe - anyways, let me get you back to your journey." Whirl sighed. He got up and stretched. He walks over to the human where he looms over them, and with a snap of his slender bone fingers-
~

"Y/N?"

Y/N opened their eyes to see that they were on Holy's bed and Prussia was there with his hand on the duke's shoulder.

"What happened???"

"Well... Holy, just passed. I'm sorry, he died peacefully in his sleep. No empire can live so long without its kingdom and society. The German states are just enjoying themselves out there while their past empire dies." Prussia sighed, tears started forming and falling from Y/N's e/c eyes.

"Where's -"

"With Hapsburg, he doesn't understand what was going on, so the Austrian is trying his best to carefully explain it to him," Prussia responded he sits at the end of the bed, his expression saddened.

Y/N carefully went over to Prussia, and they hugged his waist. It made the kingdom jolt a bit, but he got used to the embrace.

"Why were you avoiding me? It's been 12 years.." Prussia asked he had his face at his palms.

"I still don't forgive you for what you and Hapsburg have done. But with Leopold thinking you're his father, I guess I'll have to warm up to you once more."

"..I'm sorry.."
~
Germany-1915

Y/N woke up. They had a blanket over them, and the dim light of a candle was shown on the table. They're back at WW1.. the lieutenant got up to look around and see that they were still in the dining room. They walk out to the living room and see that Weimar and Dritte are still sleeping on the couch with Berlin quietly reading with a pipe in his mouth.