Chapter 18: Home

Germany-1794

Berlin and Hamburg have caught up a lot with Holy beside them, and the three chatted like there's no tomorrow.

It was to the point that Hamburg didn't realize that it was getting dark. He didn't think much of it since he thought his duke would sleep over at Frankfurt.

Berlin snapped him out of his thoughts when the capital handed him some wine. The city thanked Berlin, and the trio drank and laughed their drunk ass' off. Prussia walked in only to walk out since he didn't want to deal with three drunk men in the office of his father.

But it meant that the meeting was over and that the Russian Empire and Hapsburg Empire left, and now the mansion was quiet with only the echoes of chatting and laughing can be heard. But other than that, the sounds of the whistling wind pushing through the cracks of the old windows and walls.

The small sounds and the tapping of his shoes made Prussia calm, his thoughts wondering about the upcoming war he planned with his allies.
~
Hamburg

Y/N, as sleeping in the carriage ride home, Frankfurt had to carry them to the carriage after they fell asleep during their long tea party. Frankfurt wanted to keep Y/N at his place for safety reasons, but the duke tiredly refused and asked to be taken home, Frankfurt allowed it but let an officer look after them.

And that's how Y/N met Otto. The soldier was around his 40s, but he had that fatherly personality. He made sure that the duke was safe and alright in the carriage ride home to Hamburg. When the carriage did return to the smaller mansion, Otto carried Y/N inside. To his surprise, Hapsburg was in the living room next to the fireplace.

"Guten Abend Hapsburg." Otto greeted in a whisper. The empire looked over at the officer and responded with a nod.

"Do you know where the duke's room is at..?" Otto asked. He sweated nervously when Hapsburg didn't answer, but luckily, a maid showed him where Y/N's room was at.

After setting the duke in their comfy bed, Otto was taken to a guest room. The mansion was now dark, with only the Livingroom showing light from the fireplace.

Hapsburg tapped the armrest on the chair, "I guess I'll have to talk to Y/N tomorrow." He mumbled. He got up and headed towards his room.
~
Berlin

Hamburg slowly woke up, his head aching with pain. He groans as he sits up on the comfy bed he is on. It seemed like he passed out from all the alcohol he consumed with Holy and Berlin.

The city changed into his clothes and walked out of the guest room. He tumbled and tripped a bit while he walked down the halls.

Hamburg only saw Prussia at the entrance. He was leaning against one of the big doors while the other was open for the city to walk through.

"Rough night with all that alcohol, Hamburg?" Prussia joked, and Hamburg only responded with a small smile.

The kingdom patted his back and escorted him towards the carriage, where he helped Hamburg get in.

"Tell Y/N I said hi, can't wait for the ball." Prussia requested. He slowly closed the door, and he patted the carriage to go. The horses started to pull the carriage back to Hamburg and back home to the warmth of the mansion he loved so much and back to his duke.
~
Hamburg

The sun shunned through the windows and into Y/N's eyes. The young duke shifted to the other side of the bed and pulled their blanket over their head.

The door quietly opened, and the sound of light footsteps came over to the foot of the duke's bed.

"Guten Morgen! It's time for breakfast!" The maid sang as she opened the curtains of another window, which made the room brighter.

The maid then pulled the blankets from Y/N's head, and they complained and asked for the soft and comfy blanket back which the maid refused.

The duke rolled off their bed and tiredly got into different clothes with the maid's help. After a while, Y/N started to wake up more, but barely, they headed downstairs and towards the entrance where they now saw a carriage coming towards the mansion.

Y/N smiled as they opened the door and walked outside to see their friend, Hamburg, walking out. The city walked to his duke, and he did a little bow to him, Y/N hugs him in response.

"Welcome home, Hamburg."