Chapter 36: Somethings wrong

Germany-1941
~

It was a new year, and another meeting was being held again, Y/N was walking down the halls of the German mansion. The old paintings hung on the walls, some of them were surprisingly Leopold. Prussia must've taken him in.

Y/N saw the German capital staring at something. They snuck up behind him and saw he was staring at a painting of Reich. Soft sniffles can be heard from the capital. He wipes the tears that start to form in his eyes. He mumbled things in German, which Y/N was not able to catch.

Y/N decided to hug Berlin from behind, which made the capital startled, he turn around with wide eyes, but they softened at the sight of the communist general.

"I just thought you needed a hug. After all, war is stressful and depressing to deal with."

"Thank you, Y/N... Do you mind walking with me for a while..?" Berlin nervously asked. The Russian nodded, and the two walked together in the hallway.

Cracking jokes, telling embarrassing stories, talking about the war, all that good stuff. It makes Y/N happy knowing that they could get close to Berlin once more.

"Karina found me on the streets and took me in. After that, I've a servant." Y/N explained their life to the German Capital who was listening carefully.

"But how did you become a general if you weren't part of the army..?" Berlin questioned. He crossed his arms and had his hand holding onto his chin.

"I think it's because I trained with Serbia, and I was mostly the only servant who knew how to protect themselves." Y/N thought out loud, a hum came from the German. Later on, the two stopped in front of large corridors.

"Where are you taking me exactly?" Y/N looks around in confusion. Their heart started to race as they felt like they were being led into a trap.

"I... I thought you were gone forever... I thought I was going crazy when I saw you again.." Berlin started, his hand held onto the doorknob, and he squeezed it tightly. His sight hasn't left the dark wood of the door in front of him, but Y/N could tell he was getting emotional again.

The capital let go of the knob and ran over to the general, gripping their shoulder as he stared straight into their eyes.

"Your back! You're finally back again, unharmed and alive! We've missed you so much... I missed you. Prussia raised Leopold in your honor, and Reich continued to fight for you... Holy brought you back to us again!" Berlin sobbed, he held onto the general's cheeks.

Y/N felt like he was acting. He couldn't possibly know that they were going through time. "I... I don't know what you're talking about.. are you ok? Do you want me to get Third or Fascist..?" Y/N questioned, and Berlin frowned at their response.

"Stop lying, I know it's you. I don't want to let you go, I've suffered enough, and now that I know you're still alive, it gives me hope..." His voice crack as hot tears ran down his cheeks, his golden eyes filled with depression and guilt.

"Please don't leave me.."

Y/N froze. Before they could say anything, their lips were met with Berlin's. The German held Y/N close to him. They didn't seem to hate it, but it made them shocked. After a minute or two, the capital pulled away and looked down in shame.

Someone cleared their throat, and the two whipped their head over now, seeing the Italian kingdom there. He had his arms crossed, and he looked irritated.

"What do you think you're doing, Berlin? You are far ill to be out here, go get some rest, my dear friend." Fascist grinned. He made his way to the two and wrapped his arm around the capital's shoulder.

"Right... I'll see you later, Y/N.." Berlin sighed. He hesitated to leave, but after looking at Y/N one last time, he left with his hands behind his back.

"The poor guy has his mind on many things it makes me worried how Third Reich pushes him so hard." The kingdom started. He held the general's hand and smiled softly at them.

"Now come along! I'm sure Soviet is worried about you!" Fascist dragged Y/N through the German mansion. The two chatted and even threw out some lame pickup lines.

"If you were a vegetable, you'd be a 'cute-cumber'." Y/N snickered, it made Fascist blush and laugh out loud. It was to the point that the duo wheezed due to how much fun they were having together. Not even Reich or Prussia laughed this hard with them. It was nice to know that Fasciet enjoyed their terrible humor.

"Do you ever get tired from running through my thoughts all night?" Fascist grinned, the two laughed again, and Y/N punched the kingdom's shoulder. Their laughing died down when they saw Imperial Japan, Third Reich, and Soviet staring at them with confusion.

Fascist cleared his throat, and he nervously chuckled, "We're just chatting.."
~

"So what were you and that Italian talking about?" Soviet asked. The meeting ended hours ago, and the Russian family was now heading back to Moscow. Soviet and Y/N chatted as the kids rest beside the two adults, but now the union changed the subject.

"Oh, we were just throwing some cheesy pick-up lines. Do you want to hear one?"

"...Sure."

"Are you a time traveler? Because I see you in my future."

Soviet stared at Y/N for a minute before laughing a bit. He shook his head a bit.

"Oh, dear... Y/N, that was terrible."

"But you liked it!!" Y/N laughed out. The union ruffled the general's hair, and the two continued to chat.
~

"What's so interesting about them?" He asked, his hands crossed and his eyes glaring at the German in front of him.

"You don't see it?! It's Y/N from Prussia to Reich's time! They've come back again!" Berlin said. He stood tall, and he held a serious face as he talked to Third.

"Look, if you're interested in the Russians, go ahead and date them. We will take them as we launch an attack in September." Third chuckled darkly, his attention turn over to the window.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea, sir."

"And you're not in the position to decide if my ideas are good or not. Now leave, I believe the kids are waiting for you." Third Reich snapped.

Berlin left the office and closed the doors, he looks at the paintings and sighed before having to deal with the twins again alone.