Chapter 40: Trade

Egypt-51 BCE
~

Y/N has been chatting with Byzantine and Greece for a while. Dalila have given them food while Khons and Asim made sure to guard the place while Y/N entertained the two countries.

Y/N mostly told stories and demonstrated some tricks they saw at circuses when they were at a different time. At times, Greece and Byzantine would spar against Asim. It was exciting yet scary as they used real swords instead of fake ones. Luckily, no one got seriously hurt, only bruises and cuts.

The meeting was ending with the sound of footsteps, and the countries walked into the throne room they were still discussing. Byzantine took this time to talk to the Roman Empire for a bit before they had to leave back to Rome.

Seth was speaking to Asim and Kohns while Horus was back to her throne with her servants fanning her again. She also started chatting with Dalila. Roman Empire and Byzantine continued to talk while also glancing at Y/N a few times. Did they do something wrong? They decided to go chat with Greece.

"Hi, Greece! I hope me and my friends and I have been entertaining and helpful to you and Byzantine." Y/N smiled at the kingdom, to which he gives a smile back.

"Yes, you have! I'd love to stay more but I must go back to my people, though I hope to see you again." He sighed.

"Well, I'm sure you're always welcome here."

"I know, though I'm not sure if Roman would let me visit again, and if he does, then consider me lucky because he doesn't do that often unless it's something important."

Y/N tilts its head at the kingdom before hearing something from behind them. They turn their head to see Seth glaring at a smiling Roman Empire with Byzantine beside him.

"Looks like he's at it again. How funny, he already annoys Lower Egypt." Greece chuckles, Seth seems to be pissed off about something. Roman started talking again, which at first angered Seth more, but the more he hears, the less he gets angry.

Y/N watched as Seth looked at his sister before turning back to the empire. The two shook hands, and Roman called out to Greece in his language. The kingdom left, and the empire talked to Byzantine, who then walked towards the servant and offered them his hand.

"You're coming with us. My brother has offered Egypt a lot of resources to have you." He calmly said, Y/N was shocked. They turned to look at Horus and Seth and saw that they were avoiding eye contact with the servant. Khons, Asim, and Dalila were shocked to see their new friend leave them so soon.

After begging and protesting about not going, Byzantine had to throw Y/N over his shoulder and take them by force. They yelled and cried for help, Asim attempted to try and rescue his friend Seth, and Khons immediately stopped him while Dalila sobs quietly as she watched her friend being taken away from her.
~

Sleep has consumed the servant. They fell asleep long after they were out of Egypt. At this point, they might be traveling to Rome, where they will be serving their new masters. At least they were sleeping on something soft and the warmth that was provided to them.

The sound of hoofs hitting the ground and the restless neighs were what woke them up. They quickly opened their eyes and looked around to see the starry night sky with clouds slowly moving above with the moon lightly shining in the engulfing darkness that surrounded it.

Y/N looks around some more and sees that they were in a carriage that held hay and feathers, which would explain the softness of what they were sleeping on. Seeing what covered them was the familiar torn yet soft and warm cape of the Roman Empire. Y/N must've been shivering which would have made the Empire give up his cape for them to be warm, it was thoughtful of him but yet he still took them away from their home even if it wasn't their 'true' home.

They watched as Greece rides on his horse beside another horse that was pulling the carriage while Byzantine and Roman Empire were at the front guiding the way home.

"I know you're awake. You know staring isn't polite." Greece murmured still enough for Y/N to hear.

"S-Sorry, I didn't know you were aware of me waking up."

"No need to apologize. Luckily, we took this from the peasants before we left. You passed out in Byzantine's arms, and so we had to take a few things."

Carefully wrapping the cape around their neck, Y/N climbed over to the horse that was also pulling the carriage. The two men at the front were unaware, but it wasn't a problem.

"How long until we get to Rome?" Y/N quietly asked, their attention turning to Greece, who was staring off into the void of nothing.

"Not long, though Byzantine and I will have to stay behind and head to Athens for a bit. You'll remain beside the Roman Empire for the time being." Greece tiredly answered, Y/N can tell he hasn't slept for a day or two, maybe more.

"Any heads up for me before I stay with the Roman Empire?" Y/N asked again, their voice shaky and nervous now, which makes the kingdom chuckle a bit.

"Just stay out of his way and don't screw up, but other than that, I'm sure you'll be fine," Greece answers again. He looks at the servant with his soft, tired blue eyes. Even if the answer wasn't as much help, his calm attitude and gorgeous eyes were enough to make Y/N feel better.