Chapter 15: Duke

Germany-1794
~

Y/N was taken into a carriage alone. At the end of the ride, they began to question what was happening and what was going on.

The carriage stopped, and the Duke came out. They were quickly greeted by citizens and workers at their homes. Y/N greeted them and quietly went inside their house, they look around and saw that their 'home' was fairly nice.

Beautiful paintings, of mostly Holy, Prussia, and Hamburg, but also the house contained lovely furniture and a big fireplace.

Y/N already felt exhausted, and they started to make their way upstairs. A few maids showed the Duke their room and left them alone. They lie on their big soft bed. It wasn't as soft as Holy's bed, but it was still soft.

After minutes of sweet silence, a quiet knock was heard at the wooden door of Y/N's room. They lifted their head and groaned a bit before responding to the knock, "Come in."

A male with a red flag and a white castle in the middle walked in with papers in his hands. He sat down on one of the chairs closest to the bed.

"Good to see you're back home, I was quite lonely here alone." He said with a smile. This must be Hamburg. "So! What did the lords want you for?"

"Oh, they gave me Frankfurt to manage now, I guess we'll have to go over there?" Y/N responded. They sat up on their comfy bed and looked at Hamburg. The city nodded and carefully got up.

"No rush then, I'll wait outside for you," Hamburg said. He gathered his papers and walked out of the Duke's room.

Y/N got up and decided to change the jacket they were wearing, they walk towards the wardrobe and opened it. The Duke hums before taking a new jacket and putting over their dress shirt.

They later left their room and made their way downstairs, where they just saw Hamburg leaving the mansion. Y/N followed after them and saw a new carriage with black horses pulling up.

"I didn't think we would be having guests at this time.. maybe I didn't read something correctly in one of those papers..." Hamburg thought out loud. The carriage stopped, and the driver opened the door to reveal someone new.

Their flag was black and yellow, and he wore a white uniform.

"Hapsburg! I didn't know you would be here now! I thought you said April 5th! Not April 2nd!" Hamburg said. He walked over to 'Hapsburg'.

"Enough, Hamburg, I'm staying here for a while until things are clear with Prussia and me. Though I do still plan to come over three days later." Hapsburg responded," Hamburg sighed and led the country inside and in the guest room.

Y/N decided to go inside and write Frankfurt instead of going there. They could hear chatting in the halls, which didn't bother them, but the halls felt like an empty cave even though the walls were decorated and small tables lie around.

The Duke walks back into their room and towards their desk. Take out some paper and slowly take a quill and ink out without making a mess.

'Ok, never written with a quill before, but it can't be that bad... right?' Y/N thought, they took the quill and started writing a letter.. though they passed a lot of time choosing their words carefully.

A soft knock was heard again, and Y/N turned around to see Hamburg.

"Oh hi, Hamburg, what's the matter?"

"Well, I just thought about going to Frankfurt tomorrow since we now have a guest at the house," Hamburg suggest, he sat down at the duke's bed and stared at them.

"Well, I was writing to them, but I think that's a better solution," Y/N responded, the Duke crumbled the paper and threw it away.

"Well, I guess we have to go entertain Hapsburg or 'the wonderful Austrian Empire'," Hamburg said with a mocking voice. In the end, he got up and left the room with Y/N following close behind him.

Hapsburg... what an interesting empire.