ᴄʜαᴘᴛєя 7

"Hανιηg τωσ τεεηαgε gιrls ιs διffεrεητ frσm ωhατ I εχρεcτεδ

"Hανιηg τωσ τεεηαgε gιrls ιs διffεrεητ frσm ωhατ I εχρεcτεδ."

"Hey, sorry I'm late. Biology project." Bella explained as she sat down at the table Willow and Charlie.

"Lair." Willow muttered under her breath as Cora sat down the plates of food.

"I ordered you the spinach salad. I hope that's okay."

"You should order yourself one next time. Cut back on the steak." Bella teased but Willow ignored her cutting into her own steak.

"Hey, I'm as healthy as a horse." Charlie sat his newspaper down. Willow could feel Cora's presence behind her.

"Hey chief, boys want to know, did you find anything down by Queets River today?" Cora words made Willow stiffen. The knowledge of what really happened to Waylon weighed heavy on her but she knew she had to be silent.

"Yeah, we found a bare human footprint, but it looks like whoever that is, is headed east, so the Kitsap County sheriff is gonna take over from here."

Charlie's words set off alarm bells in Willows head. Charlie was too close to the nomads, too close to danger.

"I hope they catch them fast." Cora whispered with sorrow in her voice.

"Any plans tonight?" Charlie asked as Willow passed him the steak sauce.

"Everyone is busy. Starting spring break early."  Willow shrugged.

"It's a boring night for us then." Charlie smiled.

"A scary movie type of night." Willow's smile grew. Charlie turned his head to glance outside and Willow followed his line of sight. Mike Newton was doing some weird dance behind Bella that made Willow want to puke.

"Looks like your friends are flagging you Bella." Charlie was holding back a laugh at Bella's annoyed expression.   "It's okay if you want to join them. We're just going to turn in early."

"Me too." Bella nodded and stabbed her salad.

"Bella, it's Friday night. Go out. Looks like the Newton boy's got a big smile for you." Charlie said in between bites of steak.

"Yeah, he's a good buddy." Bella nodded.

"What about any of these other yahoos in town? Anybody interest you?" Charlie asked with an uncomfortable expression.

"Edward Cullen." Willow let the words pour out before she could stop it.

"Willow!" Bella hissed, her eyes narrowed at Willow. Charlie looked between both of them before clearing his throat.

"Dr. Cullen boy. Jasper's brother. Isn't he a little old for you?"  Charlie shifted in his seat.

"No. He's a junior. I'm a junior." Bella laid her fork down and shifted her attention to Charlie. "Jasper is older than him."