ᴄʜαᴘᴛєя 11

"уᴏᴜ ᴘяᴏຕɪѕєɗ

"уᴏᴜ ᴘяᴏຕɪѕєɗ. уᴏᴜ ғᴜᴄᴋɪηɢ ᴘяᴏຕɪѕєɗ!"

The Cullen house was filled with nervous energy that Jasper himself couldn't calm. Edward was pacing in front of the piano with a concerned look on his face. Carlisle concentrated on a map of Washington spread out on the table.

Esme was cleaning an already spotless kitchen, a nervous habit she's always had. Jasper was leaning against the wall staring out the window as he fell into deep thought. Rosalie was filing her nails in the love seat of the living room.

"How did we lose them?" Edward demanded.

"They figured out the ruse." Jasper spoke calmly without looking away from the window.

"What do we do now?" Carlisle looked up from the map with his attention jumping between Jasper and Edward.

"James is a tracker. He's in the wind and no doubt tracking Bella." Edward halted his pacing and turned to face Jasper. "I have to get her somewhere safe. I have to go get her."

"What about Alex?" Rosalie sat up and tossed her nail file to the side.  "He's focused on Jasper and he figured us out first."

"His fight is with me." Jasper nodded and looked at her.

"Doesn't mean he'll keep Willow out of it." Esme stopped scrubbing the oven enough to look up at Jasper.

Before Jasper could respond the front flew open and caused all their heads to snap in that direction. Pounding footsteps echoed out and in a second Maggie was sliding into the kitchen. Her hair was a mess and it looked like she was still in her pajamas with circles under her eyes. 

"Maggie?" Carlisle rose from his seat and approached her with a worried expression. Edwards' phone began to ring before Maggie could even speak.

"Somethings wrong." Maggie was completely on edge, her voice frantic. Jasper could feel her fear and worry pour out of her like an overflowing cup.

"Alice?" Edward quickly put the phone on speaker.  "Is it Bella?"

"Bella's fine. She's with me waiting for you to fly down here. The next flight leaves in 2 hours." Alice's usual cipher voice was gone and she spoke so fast that it was hard to keep up with her.  "I need to talk to Jasper."

"Something is wrong with Willow." Maggie pushed by Carlsle with her attention focused on Jasper and her worry growing.

"I can't see Willow anymore." Alice spoke at the same time as Maggie.

"What are you talking about?" Jasper held his arms up to stop both of them.  "One at a time."

"I saw Willow go to the mall and I saw Alex there too." Alice continued, rattling the words out at a rapid pace  "But then she just disappeared. I can't see her anymore."