ᴄʜαᴘᴛєя 14

"ɪ ᴋηєω уᴏᴜ ωᴏᴜƖɗ ʙє ᴄᴏຕɪηɢ єᴠєηᴛᴜαƖƖу

"ɪ ᴋηєω уᴏᴜ ωᴏᴜƖɗ ʙє ᴄᴏຕɪηɢ єᴠєηᴛᴜαƖƖу."

There's a weird feeling of coming home that could be associated with returning to an old coven. For Jasper it brought back a lifetime of memories just being in the same area. The sun was setting over the hill and the Texas heat was just fading.

Jasper had Emmett wait with the car and after a ten minute argument Rosalie joined him down the trail to the barn. Jasper wore a long sleeve gray hoodie with the hood blocking his face. 

"Are you sure about this?" Rosalie asked when they were less than a mile away from the coven with the members still in their view.

"It's the only option we have." Jasper kept his hands buried in the pocket of his sweatshirt.

"I know that you're filled with mixed emotions, but can you relax on Emmett a little?" Rosalie stopped moving and grabbed her brother's arm turning him to her. "You haven't really spoken to him and if you do speak to him you snap."

"Now is not the time for this." Jasper rolled his eyes and pulled away from his sister and started moving forward again. 

"I know you're scared, you're mad, and you're on edge. We all are. But Jasper, he's torturing himself with guilt already." Roaslie caught up to him with a snap in her voice. "He doesn't need it from you either."

"We're here." Jasper held his arm out to stop her from setting foot on the covens ground. There were members of the coven spread out in front of the barn with glares locked on them. "Remember what I said, don't come off as a threat." He gave his sister one last look of warning before he stepped forward.

"Who are you?" A female vampire with dark brown skin and jet black hair with blood red eyes. Her voice was laced with a thick hispanic accent and her stance told Jasper that she was one of the higher ranks in the coven.

Jasper took his hood off and pulled his sleeves up. He could feel the mood sift in all of the coven members.

"Do you know who I am now?" Jasper held his arms out and spoke almost as if he was giving an order.

"The Soldier? You're dead. Maria said that you were dead." The female spoke again this time holding her hand out to stop another male from stepping forward.

"Tell Maria I'm here to see her." Jasper let his sleeves fall back down. The female gave him one last glance before she walked into the barn. There was a moment of silence as the tension grew around them.

"They look like they want to kill you." Rosalie didn't bother to whisper but she stepped closer to Jasper.

"Some do. All of them are afraid though." Jasper didn't try to control their emotions, knowing that Maria would have warned them about people like him.

Jasper didn't know any of the people in front of him but he could tell by the magic in the energy around them, that his friend Apollo was still around. Apollo was the warlock who took Iris' spot when she left the coven.