ᴄʜαᴘᴛєя 13

"уᴏᴜ Ɩᴏᴏᴋ ғαຕɪƖɪαя

"уᴏᴜ Ɩᴏᴏᴋ ғαຕɪƖɪαя. ʜαᴠє ɪ ຕєᴛ уᴏᴜ ʙєғᴏяє?"

After riding in the car with Alex for two days, they had come to an understanding. Willow had convinced him that she was not going to fight him. He didn't take the zip ties off of her but he didn't threaten her. He even left her alone in the car while he went to hunt. Granite, it was in the middle of nowhere and she couldn't have ran if she wanted to.

It was nightfall on the third day when Willow realized that Alex thought he had complete control over her.

"You know, if you don't feed me I'll die." Willow complained from the back seat. "It'll be a pretty boring end to your stupid game." Willow smiled at him when he looked at her in the rearview mirror.

"I fed you yesterday." Alex muttered and turned his attention back to the road.

"Humans are supposed to have three meals a day." Willow sat herself up. "I have to use the bathroom."

"You're getting on my nerves, little bird." Alex turned his head, giving her a stern look. "I've been kind to you."

"I know." Willow dropped her eyes, an act of submission, her finger fidgeting with her locket.  "But I really do have to go to the bathroom." Willow pleaded as she saw a lit up gas station up ahead.

"Fine." Alex sighed and pulled the car into the gas station. "The car needs gas anyway."

Willow watched him as he climbed out of the car and started the fuel process. Willow knew better than to try and open the door. Instead she waited for him to open her door and stood in the opening blocking her. Willow looked up at his blood colored eyes and stoic expression and for just a moment she felt fear.  She dropped her eyes and held her bound hands up to him,

"Please?" Willow kept her eyes lowered.

She felt his cold hand wrap around on her wrist while the other used a knife to cut the zip tie off. Willow felt a breath of relief as it fell off, a small taste of freedom. She kept her composure as he put his finger under her chin and lifted her head to face him.

"Here. Get some food while you're in there." Alex pulled 50 dollars out of his pocket and placed it in her hand. He moved his hand from her chin and pulled her to her feet. "Remember little bird, I hold your life in my hands."

Alex spoke his warning before he pushed her towards the building. Willow walked at a slow pace knowing that Alex was watching. As soon as she walked in she spotted the store clerk behind the counter stocking the cigarettes. He was a teenager, couldn't have been any older than seventeen. 

"Good evening." The boy sounded somewhat bored and when he looked up his expression flashed to concern. Willow quickly walked to him sneaking a glance out the window to where Alex was pumping gas with his back to them.