Why they're here

We pan in on sidewinder as captain Flowers talks to someone.

Flowers: I want you to know how brave you are for volunteering for this mission.You certainly have more guts than most of your peers, my good sir. You're the final piece in a veerry complicated little operation; in fact, you're the most important part, I'd say. When the history of these important events is written, you'll go down as the unsung hero! The soldier who sacrificed so much for his fellow man, it brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it soldier. The world will never forget Private Jimmy.

Jimmy looks at Captain flowers shocked at this.

Jimmy: Gosh. Ya know, I just wanna help help any way I can. My girl back home always said: "You're not worth a darn if you just stand by without helping your fellow man."

Butch: Well you're most certainly doing that!

Jimmy: So, how can I help?

Flowers: Just sit right there while these two gentlemen take care of everything.

Jimmy: [Confused] Ugh, ok. Sure thing.

Flowers looks at some men behind him with a smile.

Flowers: Prepare him for A.I. implantation.

They walk up to him with tools.

Jimmy: A.I what now? [Jimmy screams] What are you doing to my skull? AHHHHH! THIS DOESN'T SEEM PHYSiICALLY POSSIBLE!

[Jimmy screaming] Flowers: Your service is appreciated Private Jimmy.

[Radio Static]

Flowers is currently in a rocky area on the radio.

Flowers: Radio check... 1... 2... semblance... 1... 2... buckle my shoe. Can you read me? Vic?

Vic: Hello. Yes, hello, this is Vic transmitting from simulation outpost....

Flowers: Uh uh. Remember, you're Vic from comaaand.

Vic: Yes. Apologies, Agent Florida, I will be sure to modify my greeting in the future. Are you nearing completion for your simulation preparation?

Flowers: Indeed, I am! You can inform the director that I've assembled both Red and Blue teams for Blood Gulch outposts 1 and Alpha. Everything is looking dandy! Let me tell you, nothing short of an Aspirin overdose will stop this plan from succeeding.

Vic: Excellent news sir. Alright then, protocol established by command now allows you to activate the Alpha. If our theories are correct, the Alpha will gain full control over the host body it assumes to be its own. Odds of memory contamination from the host mind are very slim.

Flowers: That is fantastic news!

Vic: And it says here in the Important Note Section: that you need to make sure the Alpha has no recollection of the events concerning Project Freelancer. Nothing about the other fragments, nothing about the crash. AND absolutely nothing about the Meta.

Flowers: Understood.

Vic: It also says not to put the Alpha in any immediate danger as quote: "It is unknown how sever injury or death may affect the host body-A.I. relationship."

Flowers: Ha. Huh. I wasn't planning on any of my men dying. That would just be poor leadership on my part.

Vic: That is all for the command objectives, Agent Florida. Keep in mind. Not only am I here to provide false direction for the simulation troopers, I am also programmed to assist you in monitoring and managing this operation. If you need anything else: Let me know and I will contact command.