thirdwheeling.

NOT PROOFREAD
・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Sunoo hyung, noo!" Jungwon exclaimed.

"Oh, come on, you'll like him."

"I don't want to date anyone, though."

"So you'd rather third-wheel me and Sunghoon?"

Jungwon already had a crush on the sunshine boy, and seeing the two together would hurt him beyond words can express. He wondered how fate could be so cruel, after having a year old crush on the boy, just when he was about to confess, Sunoo introduced him to his boyfriend. Sunghoon was a really nice guy, and Jungwon couldn't resent him for some reason, especially because it wasn't the older's fault.

"...I'd rather stay at home!"

"Just come along, Jungwon, Hoonie already forced his bestfriend to join us."

"Ugh."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Hoonie hyung!" Sunoo screeched, running into his lover's arms.

Jungwon sighed, looking up from his phone, meeting eyes with a slightly older boy who looked just as bored as he was.

He had blonde hair and a jawline that could cut steel. To say he was handsome would be an understatement.

Shit, he's hot.

The said blonde raised his eyebrow at Jungwon, slightly smirking.

He snapped out of his trance, frowning.

He wasn't gonna let this stranger win easily.

"What?" He asked.

The older boy looked amused. "What? You were the one staring, you know."

Jungwon rolled his eyes.

"Anyways, what's your name?"

"Why should I give my name to the likes of you?"

"Sassy much? The name's Park Jongseong. You can call me Jay."

The younger huffed. "Yang Jungwon."

Jay ruffled his hair, making Jungwon scowl. "You're cute, yknow."

"I do. Sunoo hyung never fails to remind me." He said proudly.

Jay grinned.

Turns out the sassball wasn't that hard to befriend.

"We should probably follow the other two."

"Hmm. Do we, though?" Jay asked.

"Huh?"

"All we'd be doing is watching them coo at each other and do lovey dovey stuff." Jay said, gagging.

"That's true, but..."

"But?"

"I want to go with Sunoo hyung." Jungwon said firmly.

Jungwon, what are you doing?

Sunoo hyung told me to not be alone with strangers.

He's not a stranger, though.

Shut it.

"Oh. Why?"

"Cuz I want to."

"Oh... okay." Jay was confused at the sudden change of behaviour.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Ah, that's why.

Jay watched the dimpled younger intently.

He noticed the fleeting glances he'd give to the couple. He noticed the hint of irritation in his eyes whenever Sunghoon flirted with Sunoo. He noticed the sad smile he flashed at Sunoo when the said boy laughed.

He saw the boy close his eyes, inhale and rest his head on the table.

Jay kicked the younger under the table, earning a glare from him. "You okay?"

Jungwon's eyes softened as he nodded.

"You sure?"

Jungwon just nodded more vigorously.

"Come with me. Guys, we'll be right back!" Jay said, pulling a hesitant Jungwon aside.

"You can let it out, you know. I may not know you well, but I can be there for you if you let me."

Jungwon subconsciously pouted, his eyes getting misty as he rapidly blinked.

"Take your time..." Jay said.

"I just..." Jungwon started and cut himself off.

"Hmm?"

"If I speak, I'll cry." Jungwon mumbled quietly.

"And that's right, okay? Don't worry, you can cry." The older comforted.

"Sunoo hyung is happy. That's what matters. Even if it's not with me." Jungwon swallowed.

Jay had no idea what to say. If only Jake was here.

"Why are you doing this?"

"What?"

"Why are you listening to me? I'm a literal stranger, you don't have to do this."

"I know, but I want to." He responded, patting the younger's head. He then sighed into the distance. "You could say I've been through it too."

"Oh... I'm sorry, hyung."

Jay remained silent.

"Sunghoon."

"Hmm?"

"I had feelings for Sunghoon."

Jungwon's eyes widened. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologise. Sunghoon deserves a ball of sunshine like Sunoo. It's not his fault anyway."

"Can I hug you?" Jungwon asked boldly.

"W-what? Ah yeah, of course." Jay was taken aback.

The smaller wrapped his arms around the older's waist, pulling him into a warm hug full of comfort. They stayed like that for a long time, before the both of them finally pulled back, their faces tear streaked.

There were a few minutes of comfortable silence before Jungwon burst out laughing, making Jay confused.

"How funny. We're in love with our best friends, and they're dating each other. Who would've thought we'd bond over something like this?" He asked, bitterness slightly evident in his voice.

Jay rubbed the younger's back, knowing exactly how the younger felt.

"Then again, I'm happy we got close." Jungwon commented, smiling at Jay. "After all, we are two normal teenagers who got our hearts broken in the exact same way."

-end

thanks for readinggg and sorry if there are any mistakes which i hope you'll help me correct~

baii~ have a nice dayyy!!