Winning Her Over

8:36 pm

8:36 pm

He's pranking me, isn't it? But it didn't look like he was. But why? Of all people? Why me? What do I do now? How will I face him?

Engrossed in your thoughts, you didn't even realize that the car was pulled over by your university and your mom had been calling you. "Ji-Ah? Ji-Ah!"

You snapped out and looked at her surprised. "Uh, what?"

"We have reached but are you okay? Are you not feeling well? Should we go back home?" She questioned, worryingly checking your temperature as her hand went to your forehead then cheek and you chuckled. "I am fine mom, just thinking about here and there."

She sighed. "If it's about your studies, then don't stress over it, I know you're going to top it and even if you won't, it's alright because your health matters the most, you get me?"

"Yes, ma'am." You nodded chuckling before she fixed the purplish white stole around your neck and smiled pinching your cheek. "My daughter looks so pretty."

You giggled. "Of course, whose daughter am I?"

"Mine." She smirked, raising her brows playfully and you nodded laughing. "Okay, I'll get going now and you too, drive safely."

"Ji-Ah, wait!" She called out as you were about to open the door and looked at her confusingly to see her shuffling in her purse before she fished out a black small box. "Give this to sweet boy."

Your body jolted up upon his mention. "W-why him?"

Your mom looked at you confused. "Why not? He's helping us out and I thought of him when I saw these cufflinks, so give him, as a thank you from me."

You sighed, taking the box from her as you shoved it in your bag. "Mrs. Kim Seyeong, you really have been working hard."

"This is the way of life, Miss. Kim Ji-Ah." She shot back with the same tone making you smile as you shook your head. "See you at home!"

You got out of the car as you attempted to walk to the entrance gate only to be stopped by your bestfriend, Sarang who called you in a singing way. "Hello, Not interested in cute guys, Ji."

You rolled your eyes at her as usual, weird, greeting and looked at her. "Hello to you too, who finds every guy cute, Sarang."

You heard a chuckle behind which was your mom's as Sarang turned to her gasping. "Hey, Aunty, I really liked the stole!"

"Of course, I brought it!" She exclaimed and Sarang gave her thumbs up giggling. "As expected from you!"

"Okay, I'll be leaving now." She announced and you both waved at her with you speaking behind. "Call me when you get there!"

Sarang crossed her arms as she stared at you with a serious expression before heaving a sigh. "You look pale, didn't you sleep last night?"

You looked at her blankly. "Do you think I could sleep after what happened last night?"