Closer Than Before

1:34 pm

How did I end up here?

You wondered, sighing as you found yourself sitting on the chairs of the outdoor gym where the sports day was currently happening as you watched the students of different departments competing with eachother.

It was Sunday, and you would be at the orphanage like usual but you found yourself here, clad in your department’s red and black gym clothes, gazing at the basketball court where your department was playing with other students. 

Their game had already started when you arrived as you were still thinking whether to go or not and you almost slept again but then his words from yesterday suddenly rang in your mind.

I will wait for you tomorrow at the game.

And that's when your body moved on its own and now you were wondering why would his words affect you so much that you left your resting day just like that.

“You made it!"

Seulgi's exclamation startled you as you glanced towards the direction to see her dressed in her black shirt and loose pants as she sat beside you where you looked further behind her.

"Where's Sarang?"

She reached out to tie her hair up. "She's changing, will be right back."

You nodded before flinching over the loud cheers which took both of your girls' attention as you looked in the direction to see a bunch of girls from different departments cheering loudly for your department's boys playing or cheering for the popular guys where Baekhyun was one of them, certainly.

And your eyes followed him, bouncing the ball which he passed over to another guy of their team and he passed it to Chanyeol as he was close where Chanyeol instantly ran over and made a goal.

The loud cheers erupted again and you found yourself slowly clapping with a light smile before you saw Sarang running towards the bleachers and sat beside you where Kyungsoo sat beside her.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun highfived, before Baekhyun looked over at the bleachers, in hopes to find the one girl he's been hoping to see today and that's when his eyes spotted the girl, and the only girl who stood out in his eyes.

And when his eyes locked with yours, they lit up and he lifted his arm up, waving at you while smiling like a baby and you couldn't help but chuckle at his behavior before he was hit by a ball on his back making him stumble forward as he looked back at Chanyeol with a glare.

They both went back to continue the game, not before Baekhyun shot you a smile where Seulgi and Kyungsoo just face palmed at them while Sarang laughed and you sighed leaning back with a light smile.

Few minutes later, the sound of a whistle erupted, and they stopped playing as they got a five minutes break where you saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun coming towards where you were sitting.