Awkward And Nervous

8:01 pm

8:01 pm

She's lying!

You betrayed me, I hate you!

"No." You mumbled, eyes squeezing tightly with your chest heaving up before you felt yourself being shook and taps on your cheeks where your name was being called out loudly and with a jerk, you opened your eyes sitting up with a gasp.

"Ji-Ah, Are you alright?" Your mom's warm hand rubbed your back and head as you gulped, nodding slowly afterwards. "Yeah, yes, I'm fine mom."

"No, you're not. I'll get you some water." She got off from the couch and strode towards the kitchen before you could even refuse and that's when made you even more concerned and guilty seeing her pacing around. "Mom, I'm really okay, don't run like that."

It was yet another day when you were back from the Café and feeling tired, you just changed into your pajamas before sleeping on the couch with your head on your mom's lap but then you had this dream again after a year.

After the encounter with Doyun, you kept overthinking and recalling that day, no matter how much you didn't want to, where you also talked it out with your mom and Sarang because you couldn't just hold it in.

"Here." She sat beside you, handing you the glass which you chugged it down in a go before placing the glass on the coffee table and laid your head back on her lap as she started stroking your head. "You...had a nightmare again?"

You stared at her, slowly nodding as a sigh left your lips. "I know it has passed already but I can't seem to forget it and I don't know why everyone from my past is showing up again and I still can't face it."

"It's okay, you faced him strongly and that's more than enough. You don't have to try so hard on yourself, take your time Ji-Ah and it will be all okay." She uttered, softly making you smile as you just felt so lucky to have her before she faced the TV and you chuckled, seeing her excitement towards the drama.

"Ji-Ah." She called out and you hummed, looking up at her as she looked down, leaning her back against the couch. "What if... What if someone from your family suddenly shows up and asks you to go with them so will you?"

You frowned at her sudden, unexpected question before glancing at the TV screen and that's when you realized that this was the plot of the drama before you looked at her with a done look. "Seriously, mom? You're literally taking some lessons from these dramas and that's why I told you not to watch-"

"Don't dodge the question and answer me." She cut you off and you shrugged. "No one came in these few years so why now?"

"That...really didn't help me." She glared at you and you chuckled. "Even if they come, I won't go with them because you are my family and my mom and I love you."

You hugged her waist and she smiled before ticking your sides making you squeal as you instantly squirmed and sat up laughing. "Not the tickle thing!"