Something About Him

Okay

Okay...this is awkward, so awkward.

Your one hand rested on your lap while the other reached out to grab the glass of water as you kept taking little sips to avoid the awkward atmosphere as much as you could.

Beside you was Baekhyun, sitting stiff and exchanging uncomfortable looks with his mother, sitting across from him for the last ten minutes while you were questioning your existence of being here at this moment.

"So..." She paused, clearing her throat as a light smile crept on her lips. "How have you been?"

Baekhyun bit his lip, gulping as he couldn't subside the uncomfortable feeling, seeing her after years without any contact with him, yet asking without any uneasiness made him angry yet sad as he let out a sigh. "I... I have been well, what about you, mom?"

He whispered out the last word but it was enough for you to hear how audible it sounded, making you glance at his uncomfortable expression before you felt his hand grasping yours tightly resting on your lap causing you to snap out where you were about to pull away but stopped feeling how cold his hand was.

Hence, you let it be and somewhere, you knew that his relationship with his mother wasn't really good and as much as you didn't want to be curious, you were, about this and about him.

"Seeing you healthy and fine, I am happy." Her lips curved upwards in a smile where her eyes held an emotion of genuine motherly love for her son because that's the exact expression you see in your mom's eyes for you before she looked at you causing you to flinch slightly as her curious eyes bored into your wide ones. "Who is she?"

"Uh... I am his friend, Kim Ji-Ah." You stated, with a smile and Baekhyun glanced at you, with a surprise expression as you have never called him a friend before, not even infront of your mom, though he wants to be something more but at the same time he was glad to see this progress between you both.

"Just friend?" She questioned, with a hint of curiosity causing you to look at her with a surprised look before you and Baekhyun looked at eachother at the same time where you looked back at her, suddenly nervous and she chuckled. "You don't have to answer that."

But why couldn't I answer this?

"What about Kyungsoo, Seulgi and Chanyeol? Aren't they here with you?" She asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "No, I will meet them later but when did you arrive from Australia?"

"Last night, I was trying to reach out to you but your number seems to be busy, as always." She uttered and Baekhyun bit his lip as his head tilted down for a moment with a little guilt as he always finds some reasons to not contact her after she left because it hurt him that time and it does even more thinking about it but he never got to confront her about it.

A sudden ringtone of her phone snapped him out as she excused herself to take it and instantly hung up before looking at him with guilty eyes. "Baekhyun-ah, I am afraid I have to go right now."