Chapter 7

The next morning ( 7:00am)
Corey's House

Corey POV
*Ring Ring Ring*

I jumped out of bed wondering if that's my alarm going off but just to realized that it was my phone ringing. I answered on the 5th ring.

"Yow Steppa" I answered.

"Sorry fi wake you so early young boss but  mek me just cut to the chase. Some strange face man a send threats eno" he replied.

I sat up in bed because I'm a bit shocked by the last sentence he stated.

I replied " what you say about strange face man and about threats?!?"

Steppa:  You heard me keenly general so just give me the go ahead to dust up the place.

Corey: Calm down family and talk to me because I need to understand everything before we can dust up the place eno because that a the last thing me want right now.

Steppa: Family, some man come inna the place a send death threats.

Corey: Who get hurt?

Steppa: Nobody eno family.

Corey: Mhm, inform the warriors them say we have a meeting in the evening, yeh?

Steppa: Don't say 40 more.

Corey's Pov

I sat on the bed thinking to myself "I really don't want to be in this situation right now but I need to get few things straighten before I can just leave this bullshit life.
I never understood how my brother kept up this lifestyle until the day I left he's funeral.
He did all of this for Grandma and myself. 
He shouldn't have and I strongly blamed myself for that."
Thinking about all the things he have done for me, makes me want to cry. I stood up from off the bed and stand in the mirror, I looked at the man in mirror and mumbled "I'm such a disappointment" then I heard "You are more than just a star me brother" and I don't know if I'm dreaming or what but I could swore I heard my brother voice made that statement. Maybe I'm just overthinking so let me just hurry and rush out of this house.

*Couple hours after*

I came out of the shower and got dressed. I was dressed in a black ripped jeans, white polo shirt and my black Reebok Classic.

*Ring, ring, ring*

I answered "what's up Grandma?"

Grandma P: Wah gwan me grandson, you not coming to London?

Corey: Very soon. How are you doing?

Grandma: Not too bad but I miss you.

I felt a sudden urge of sadness when I heard my grandmother said those last three words. She's the only one I have left but I quickly changed the topic.

"I miss you too Grandma P. Grandma, can I get some of that sweet potato pudding you making?"

That's a old joke that only Grandma and I understood.

She laughed and said "Boiie, you don't change bulla. I am going to bed now"

I smiled and replied "Goodnight Grandma. I love you"

"I love you too, bye now me baby" she said as the call ended.

*Meanwhile in Trench Town*

"It feels like it been months since I've been in this community already and it just been couple days actually." Corey said in his mind.

Blacka: Wah Gwan family?

Steppa: Glad to see you eno

Corey: Greetings all. The warrior them active?

Steppa: Yeh Mon.

I went inside the yard and greet each warrior accordingly.

"Listen up, I heard that there might be some people watching you guys.
So I want each and every one of you to lay low for a bit until I get in touch with some bigger heads to sort out some business. Also I want you guys to put on a football competition this coming Saturday. I want you to be there but not seen, yzt? Watch out for any strange face man or woman that might pull up out of nowhere.
We ago find which fucker a try send death threats to the community" Corey made a statement.

" I agree with that eno" Blacka said.

Warriors: That don't sound bad eno.

"We will sort out the football competition for Saturday but who's the bigger head?" Steppa asked.

"For right now just focus on the football competition for me, yeh?"

Steppa: Alright family.

"I'll see you guys soon" I hail them all as I head out of the community.

Ashanti POV
I am going to call Corey today because I miss him.

"Hey Corey" I said nervously.

"Wassup lil mama?" He answered

I sighed then replied, " It's been a while now Corey and I miss you"

"I'll pick you up shortly" he replied.

That's what I wanted to hear and my smile is as bright as the sun. "Okay baby"

Kianna POV

Ring ring ring

I answered nervously "He. Hello?"

"Have you been good?"

"Umm, yes" I replied.

"Remember, do not get too comfortable or else.."

" You don't need to remind me" I said

"Good, I see you getting closer to him. We will talk soon"

"What do you mean?" I asked

*Call disconnected*

Hello, hello

Ugh!!!!!!

Note:
Thank you so much for reading chapter 7❤️🙏 I really appreciate it. Please vote, comment and share ❤️🙏 What just happened? Bigger heads? Did Corey make time for Ashanti? Who was Kianna speaking with? Find out in chapter 8👀