Chapter 15

Corey's Pov

After I heard the news about Blacka memories flashed my mind. There is so much going on around me. One minute I figured everything will be good and in the blink of an eye another problem finds me.

I went inside the bedroom and lay on the bed watching the ceiling spinning in circles. I think I might be a bit high but how can I if I haven't smoked from day?

I need to come up with a very good explanation to my grandma. I know how worry she will be and she is not dumb so she will figure it out sooner than later.

I continued to watch the ceiling spinning in circles until I had nothing more to think about.

The following the day~

Corey Corey Corey!!

I heard grandma shouting my name. I sat up on the bed wiping my eyes and feeling for my phone to check the time.

"It's 8:39am, wow. I've been sleeping for the whole night. I needed it either way" I said to myself as I yawned

Corey!!

I answered, "Good morning grandma. I'll be out soon"

If I don't go out there now I know she won't stop calling but she affi wait because I'm going to fresh up

Couple minutes later  

I got dressed in a white jeans, white polo tees and my white Prada boots.

Looking directly in the mirror at myself and thinking how south my life can go.

Once more my grandmother calls out, COREY!!

"Women," I said to myself and laughed

I went out and placed my hand around grandma's shoulder and asked "What smell so good out here mama P?"

Grandma: Look from when me calling you

Corey: I'm sorry mama. I was in the bathroom (as I reached for a grape and she slapped my hand)

Grandma: Don't touch anything and have a seat please.

I laughed and said "as you said madam"

Grandma: let's say grace. Thank you Lord for my dear grandson, I beg you lord to continue to guide and protect him. Lead him in the right path, Jesus. Thank you for this food as well. Bless us Lord. Amen

Corey: Amen.

"I swear that little prayer have me feeling calm after so much months. I never knew one prayer could have me feeling like there's still hope in life." I said in my mind.

Grandma: Corey!!

Corey: Why you shouting and your sitting right there?

Grandma: Boy, I have been calling you and your sitting right there. What's up?

Corey: I'm sorry grandma. I must have zoned out.

Grandma: You must definitely did. Do you want to talk about it?

Corey: There's nothing to talk about mama P and besides the point I'm starving

Grandma: I made cornmeal porridge and I have crackers.

Corey: Yes! Thank you my favorite grandma

Grandma laughed.

Grandma and I went on the road to get a few groceries, visit a few spots, talked and laughed. The rest of the day went fantastic

4:30pm

It's finally time for me to inform grandma that I will have to cut my visit short and leave tonight before 7. I don't know how well she will take it but I'm praying everything goes well.

I went out in the living room and I saw grandma sitting in the couch watching some funny shit on Netflix and laughing. She look so happy and I want it to stay just like that.

Grandma: what you looking at boy? Come have a seat.

I went over and sat with her.

Corey: Grandma, I enjoyed every hours, minutes and seconds we spend together. I know there are many more days to come like this in the blink of an eye but I am leaving today. There are a few unfinished businesses I need to complete. I love you forever Grandna.

I can see how hurt she is right now. She tried to speak but instead she started to cry.

I hugged her so tightly and reassure her that, "I will be back soon Grandma" I took my favorite chain from around my neck that has my initial and gives it to her.

Grandma: why are you giving me this Corey? I know how much this chain means to you because your mother bought you it when you were a baby and I never took it off

Corey: I want you to keep it for me.

Grandma: But...

Corey: No buts. I trust you and I know when I'm back you'll have it. It means a lot to me and I want you to keep something for me because I love you grandma.

Grandma: Take very good care of yourself and please don't go in the path your dad and brother went down in. I'm praying for you my grandson. I love you

Corey: Thank you.

She insisted on taking me to the airport but I told her no, I'll be fine. I gave her a goodbye hugged and an earring I purchased for her back in America.

I made a few calls and informed Steppa that my flight lands at 11:00 in the night so he should be at the airport by then.

~10:55pm in Jamaica 🇯🇲

Flight attendant, "Wake up sir, your flight has land. You may now take your seatbelts off"

I opened my eyes and greet her with a smile, "Thank you Monique"

I step out the plane looking around. It feels like I haven't been here in a good while.

Bulla?

Thank you guys for reading!🙏 Remember to vote, share and comment❤️ Keep your seatbelts on because it's about to be a wild ride.