ch21: The Fool

Beelzebub revealed himself to the awe of everyone, however someone wasn't in awe, rather..

"Ahahahaha!", hollering laughter filled the throne room as demons turned their heads to catch a glimpse of the impudent individual who'd dare laugh at their newest demon king.
No matter how much they looked, they didn't see them causing great confusion. No bloodline ability seemed to sniff them out either.

"Ha~ are you people geniuses to make me laugh this much?
An insect like you want to take my throne? Never. Especially not an imposter like you who'd be better off back in his old grave!", demons gasped as they turned to the direction the voice was coming from. "This...", the previous and current thirteen crowns themselves were left speechless at the sight before them. Baal was left dry gasping, it was..

"Derukira-sama?! How

"Derukira-sama?! How...?"

"Nothing to wonder about there.. What you should be wondering about is", he leaned his head to the right in a resting pose as the other hand pointed to Beelzebub; "-why the dead want to rise and claim what's no longer theirs".

The head of the law department, which is still Ameri's dad, stepped forward to the demon king whom he used to serve; "What do you mean Derukira-sama? And aren't you...?"

"Dead?", he replied strangely with a toothed smile; "That I am but I didn't quite like the idea. That aside, it seems like I have one last duty to accomplish as the demon king before the me here can properly go laze around". Confusion spread in the throne room.

The two demon Kings seem to be against each other, Asmodeus's mother stepped forward, the last part having interested her. "Derukira-sama - still looking lovely I see - but what do you mean with 'the you here'?".

The ghost grinned at her, "I wanted to see my sucessor after I abdicate and not just in the form I currently have - so I could appoint them as worthy or not - but also to congratulate and watch them. I've long since had an eye on someone but for some reason, I am presented with this fake before me. Tell me, what had become of the spirit from the ring of gluttony? My alter ego?".

The hall was silent, everyone slowly registered what had been said.

"Derukira-sama's alter ego!??"

A nod affirmed their shouts of exasperation; it wasn't long after, that the new 13 crowns - which were expected to serve Lord Beelzebub as their new demon king, realized something.

The former demon Kings alter ego was supposed to watch over his desired sucessor. He asked for the ring of gluttony's spirit when he inquired about the supposed sucessor. His alter ego = Alikured who had been the ring of gluttony. The ring that was supposed to watch this someone had been with...

He.. He had been expected to become the demon king(?!), he had been acknowledged by the former great demon king Delkira.! But, but now it's impossible... ('What are we to do.. ' some thought scattered in the crowd)

"Well? Where is he?" turns to Sullivan, "Suu-chan~, you are here I can tell. Where is your dear grandson?" more demons among the audience started to get a hold of the situation.
Their eyes widened, Derukira raised an eyebrow at the show he was getting.

"Helloooo?"

"That is a matter of the past", interrupted Beelzebub. Derukira went to look at him displeased; "What gives you the right to say so?".