Ch4: Life goes on

Iruma's POV

Another thing that happened is that I now understand demonic beasts. The head of Cutthroat valley for example is called Belgial while his child is a girl by the name Titai (Me: I came up with those, how do u like 'em?)

I mostly call them sister or dad. I thought it would be very awkward for me but surprisingly due to me now sharing the same blood as them it came to me as easy as breathing. I haven't looked at Babylus since then so I don't know what happened afterwards. Some beasts in the Valley told me of the shouts and 'roars' that supposedly came from it. The Valley has also been avoided by the demons since then.

I don't know how much time passed then but I sometimes hear the demons celebrating a festival. According to my sister its too welcome the new century. Guess I've outlived my former race then.

'Iruma could you get your Sister? It's time for dinner' said dad telepathically. Every beast family can communicate with each other through their thoughts.

'Yes father!' with that I stored my Vials into one of my crystals and stood up. I closed my eyes and spread my senses around the Valley to try and find my lovely *coughrecklesscough* sister.

'There you are! trying to hide from me huh?' I turned into smaller version of my beastform before taking to the air flying out of the canyon depths.
(in reality is slightly bigger than his sister, currently as big as a kid)

(Don't forget to imagine the two crystals floating around his neck)

I flew between the hills before spotting a yellow cluster of feathers. "Titai-chan its time for dinner!" I yelled tackling her.

"Wha-! Hey, let go of me you-! Oh!it's just you Iru-nii. You scared me." said my sister. I nudged her peck with mys out before swatting my tail on her head as I jumped back into the air "Last one home has to clean up!"

She promptly spread her wings and chased after me "No fair! You had a head start!"

I whisteled in reply mocking her, it changed into a game of tag more than chase. We rushed in erratic beats of our wings until a giant black wing appeared in front of us making us crash into it.

"Now now, I only told you to get her not to go bickering." came the voice of Belgial, my father.
I growned with my sister as we slid down his giant wing like cockroaches on a wall. "But it was the fastest way to get her! You know she can get as stubborn as as a kelpie!" I exclaimed back.

"I do not, you Reindeer!" said Titai-chan sticking her tongue out at me. Before either one of us continued our quarrel, father stepped in between by dropping a giant piece of meat infront of us. Both my sister and I looked at each other before saying "Truce".

I then stepped up first and said +Fuoco+ which caused the meat to get roasted by a fire. I then spread a few herbs over it, then dripped it with my secret weapon against all of my sisters whining: Honey. After seasoning it well enough we prayed upon the meat and bit into its juicy, crispy contents.

After the meal I cleaned it up by storing the usable ingredients and materials into my storage and sweeping the bones into the Lava.

My sister went next to dad and lied down yawning. "I'm gonna fly around the Valley for a bit" I said b er ore taking off on my regular digestion exercise.

It being nighttime I decided to fly a bit closer to the border of the territory where I could see Babylus from. It was decorated with banners and small lanterns. I went a bit closer to read what it said "Ba-tra Fest-ival, Batra Festival" a festival? I haven't seen much of those ever since my death. I wonder what kind of Batra's they have nowadays.. Is our classroom still the same?

...
How are they? I took out a picture of my storage crystal.

It was the one we took after I got the Ring of Gluttony

It was the one we took after I got the Ring of Gluttony. I wonder, what happened to it? I made it float in front of my face letting one of my feathers glide across each of their faces, recalling their names and moments we shared together. I actually cast a spell that enhanced my memorys. (Imagine sth like Occlumency from Harry Potter) I basically have an entire Library in there, could probably even ace Kalego-sensei's tests now.

I looked at the school again seeing the cherry blossom tree in full bloom. I faintly heard two demons arguing with each other. One told the other not to be lazy and hide in the tree while the other shouted back from a branch that he doesn't want to. He said that the tree helps against stress and can partially prevent the evil circles because of the calming aura it has.

A third demon joined the first one by saying that they need to prepare for next week as they haven't finished setting up their booth. They'd make a bad impression on their idols and them. 'Who is them? And why did he say it so weirdly?'

'Child, you've been out long enough. It's time to come back and sleep.' Already that late? Guess that's it. The picture got sucked back into the crystal and I spread my wings. Shaking my sleepy head I flapped my wings and took to the air flying off.

Third POV

At Babylus a heated discussion was among the students.

"Do you think that Asmodeus-Sama will come this year!?" said G1.

"I wanna see Sabnock-sama! Do you think he'd show a few of his moves?" came from a boy.

"Calm down you guys! I'm sure both the General and the leader of the crowns will come. After all, I'm sure they want to visit the Guardian. Besides, it's the tree's anniversary of them obtaining Royal one! We'll finally see the entire classroom of those legendary graduates!" said a certain Batra's senior.

"Your right! The day their King conquered the entire staff to get approval to open the Maou's room!" squeeled Girl number 2.

"Pssht! Quiet look over there!" whispered a boy pointing at a stern looking teacher talking to another teacher with bird legs.
Immediately everyone took on a more appropriate volume while they watched the teachers pass by with bated breaths.

"They will come, won't they?" asked the teacher with a steel mask on his face.
"If they won't, they'd be disrespecting his grave. If that happened I'd go to each of them, shouting them a worthy lecture before dragging them over with Cerberus, struggle as they may." was the reply of Babylus's most scariest teacher looking offended that his colleague even asked that.

"How long has it been.. more than a millennium that's for sure. I thought the chairman won't ever get out of his depression.. he stayed coped up at his mansion for centuries. If it weren't for Opera-San he might have been starving of food...." murmured the more animalistic teacher looking out the window to the Sakura tree.

"He wasn't the only one. I heard that Asmodeus was pretty much the same. The only thing that made the students pick themselves up was, what he left them... Memory's. He was always pushing forward even when he felt alone. They couldn't help but remember and follow his example" said the formerly known familiar-sensei to his past classmate now fellow teacher.