Ch5: Enter - The High ranks!

Iruma's POV
'Ugg. It's too noisy, let me sleep..'
I thought burying myself deeper under father's stomach feathers and wing. 'It's probably that festival at the school.. Can't they be considering and be more quiet!? I swear if they get any louder I'm coming over and will freeze all of them!'

My POV
While Iruma is being a grumpy cat that wants to sleep in, the students were flying into Babylus's campus where the Batras were. It was a haywire of emotions for those already there; fear, expectations, anticipation, mixed with a giant ball of nerves was keeping all the students wide awake and on their toes (for some that was literal).

It happened a bit later - to be precise - the moment a teacher went in front of ginormous doors with dozens of locks on them. It was the entrance to Royal one. Just as the doors opened and the teacher stepped in, the air started to vibrate and tingle from the speed of their newest arrivals.

They came from all directions before they headed in as one unit, some of them looked like they crashed together or maybe hugged each other? The students couldn't tell, the teachers however looked at the bundle of 'bats' with nostalgia in their eyes.

Just as the first ones entered the Halls of Royal One the teacher slammed an old attendancebook on the teachers podium.
"Would you quit flying together like a bunch of bees! There's enough room in here! Also! NO FLYING on school grounds!"

The swarm separated and settled into the seats provided in the room. Some just dropping down from the air, like Sabnock. You could now clearly see who they were, it was the graduated class of Abnormals with the teacher in front being none other than Kalego Nebarius, their homeroom sensei and the previous student council president: Ameri Azazel.

"Quiet! I'm taking attendance!
Agares Picero, rank Chet (8) and one of the thirteen crowns! Also known as sleeper on clouds.
Allover Schneider, rank Tet (9) also of the thirteen crowns. (lion)
Andro Jazz, rank Tet member of the 13 crowns, congratulations of outdoing your shitty brother." he said taking a breath, each one replied with a polite here, a wave of the hand or thx in Jazz's case.

"Asmodeus Alice, Rank Tet borderline to Yud (10) head of his house and one of the 13 crowns.
Azazel Ameri, Tet and of the crowns- law enforcement.
Caim Camui, Chet and one of the thirteen crowns, Head of an amusement park and pervert.
Crocell Kroki, Rank Tet, famous Akudol and one of the crowns.
Garp Goemon, rank Tet and renowned sword master also a 👑.
Purson Soi, rank Tet. A famous assassin/trumpeter, just like the others a hero of the 13 crowns.
Sabnock Sabro, General and battle-maniac of the crowns, Tet.
Shax Lied, Ched and both a crown and a game inventor.
Valac Clara.. Chet and Tet, a crown.. 'Did she cheat?'."
Kalego shaked his head before adressing his former class. He paused slightly when his gaze sweapt between the seats of Asmodeus and Clara. He looked
Up and saw that he wasn't the only one, but no one said anything.

".. First of, Congrats on making it to the top ranks of the demon world. Second, after you have visited the tree and chatted with the guardian you are expected to go around the Booth's on campus. You may act as additional supervisor during the games." with that everyone stood up and went around school reminiscing of an the things they did when they were students.

They chatted with a couple of the teachers, some talked with fanboy- or girling students. At about Lunchtime did they gather around the.. Grave again where the wolf waited for them.

The wolf chatted with some of the girls while the boys gathered around the 'tombstone'. Asmodeus knelt in front of it stating all that has happened since their last visit, the others did the same. Some had to wait to gather themselves or could only speak sparely.

A 'brave' student tried taking a picture of them only to suddenly have a hand in front of his cameras visor. "Huh?" the boy said only to look away from the camera where the hand was to suddenly see.. Nobody?

"Purson-kun? Where were you?" asked Clara who saw him leave.
The former classmates looked at the renowned assassin who can disappear without anyone noticing.. Well.. They notice.

"A student wanted to take a picture of us

"A student wanted to take a picture of us.. I didn't want that." said the ghostly trumpeter. The other looked like they wouldn't want that either and would've done the same. "They should show more respect, if not to us then..." began Amadeus only for his voice to give out. He could.. wouldn't say his name. It's one of the deepest wounds each of them carry.

"... Let's go see the flying competition? Kalego-sensei did tell us we could act as overseers" suggested Jazz in a semi-chill tone.

"Let's go" said Amelie saying goodbye to the wolf of gluttony and leading the group over to the racetrack. They walked past the students who only awed in the presence of the powerful demons.

The group divided into two, one joining the supervisors, the other sitting with their former teachers. In group one was: Sabnock, Clara, Asmodeus, Purson and Garp.
The rest went and sat down, most for appearance sakes or their own reasons. (Agares☁️ for example wanted to sleep more and Jazz wanted to pickpocket from some careless students. He wants to make them more aware of their surroundings... Hey! He will even write his autograph on the things he stole as an apology so don't give him that look!)

They counted down from 33 to the start of the race. Getting progressively louder. However the students were more like background noises compared to Sabnocks shouts. It was like cats trying to roar louder than a lion.