Ch10: Starting School Again

"Yaaawn~"
A sleepy Iruma yawned as the sun rose and its light penetrated his father's soft feathers.

Iruma's POV

Did Papa bring me to bed? I questioned as I made one of my crystals appear and teleported outside of my father's wing so as to not wake him or my sister. I then proceeded to stretch myself. I must have gotten some really good sleep there as I was feeling tip top and could probably handle Sabnock trying to pick a fight with my father back then.
Wait...

... How late is it? I flew to the big stalagmite that was also a wall which my father was leaning against. Flying to its top I looked at my surroundings. I then saw the tell tale swarm of black dots over at Babylus approaching the school. 'I'm gonna be late!... Is what I would've said if this was me from the past' I thought joking with myself. I jumped down opening my wings midfall to land softly. I then wrote into the ground that I'm going to school and not to worry about my absence.

Proceeding from there I ran to the edge of the platform and jumped. I flapped my wings to get away from the thick miasma and lava that awaited one below if they were to fall. I wouldn't die from it but it definitely isn't nice. Only the top demons and demon beasts would survive down there before they would have to call it quits. As I flew higher and higher I looked at my destination, finding it kinda funny to see it on the same eyelevel I was at. With my speed I easily arrived before the rest of the student body was there with probably 10 minutes to spare at least.

I turned humanoid and went to find my class. On the way, I saw egg-wait no- Kalego-sensei. It seems he was looking at a picture. He didn't look happy by the looks of it but then again when is he? No, if anything... I would attempt to call it sadness that I saw on his face. That was a shocker!
Don't tell anyone but I decided to peek and used a Spell that would make me have a glimpse on what was on the picture.

.
.
.
...

😮WOW!.. Just ... Wow..

I didn't think he had one of us, and such a nice one to. How the hell did he get one where we're all smiling? We rarely smiled when he was nearby. ... On that note, do my friends dare smile him in the face now? Any teacher would be happy to feel appreciated from their students.

{Really I may not be a teacher but I've seen them being very happy about it. There are videos about teachers talk about their students on YouTube, you can check it out if you don't believe me.}

Anyway, I can only think that maybe Ballam-sensei took a picture of us and gave out to him as a present. But then again would he actually keep it?

Deciding that staying in the same spot any longer would get me caught and I might have another near heart attack case cuz of him I walked to my assigned classroom. I walked down the hall and took some turns here and there. Knowing the school already really helps you out. Without Azz-kun, Clara (she had her moments) or my classmates I would've gotten lost many times. Wait.. Is that why they hung around me so often? Did they know I was bad at orientation..? That's kinda nice. 'Haaa... Good times'. When I finally found it I was mildly surprised that it was near Royal one. Sure a different floor but hey. It's still a nice thought. I went inside and took my seat.

Kalego's POV

My colleagues don't really know I have this picture. While they were a bunch of idiots, they weren't as foolish as some would make them out to be. Reckless yes I would agree on that as fast as a certain someone can steal my notebooks from my uniform and would shout at them for that. That did happen after all, and I still wonder what happened with that book. But... as they were one of the rare cases I would let pass they kinda grew on me. In a sense it was inevitable... with all the trouble they gave me. Not to mention, the one I was.. particularly close to, *looks close at Iruma on the pic* died on my watch.

One of the biggest fears we teachers have is losing one of the sprouts and treasures of the demon world. We at Babylus are the guards that prepare them for the rest that would await them later when they graduate and its one of the most important moments of both teacher and student. And I have lost one of my own students, the one who was the knot tying the class together as a unit. I wonder... If he was still alive... How would he have turned out? The rest all became crowns - maybe an exception here or there, but more than 90% did - would he have achieved the same as them or world he habe given us all a surprise yet again? 'Sigh.. I shouldn't think of it' I thought dropping it off at that and going to the new headache that was assigned to be my class this year.

Third POV

In the meantime Iruma was introducing himself when his name got called by his old bow masters (Bachiko's) relative. Yep! It's Robin. The teacher who had managed to go on Kalego's bad graces during familiar class. "Ähem! I'm Lucifer, and I have already went through with the ranking owl. I'm rank 6 meaning of the Vov level. I'm a demon beast and not a demon. I come from Cutthroat Valley and the guardian is my foster father. I'll be attending school for some mutual learning so~ yeah."