Chapter 1.4

Shen wei felt cold, he had a bad feeling. He hurried and made space for the child, and Father Zhao was panicked. 

"Father, put him down, let me check him"  He said softly to calm down father Zhao.  He put down Yuntao and let Shen wei check him.  The boy was burning up and also he was bloody because of the whip wounds on his body. They had to hurry back so he could treat him. 

"Father, lets hurry back so I can treat him, he has a high fever and his wounds needs to be dressed"  Father Zhao nodded in a hurry and was about to start the carriage when they heard a weak voice

"please,...s..save....aunt...sh..e..tried...to..help...me" the little boy suddenly said muddled headed.  Father Zhao was about to fly into rage, they dare mistreat his son and his sister?? 

"shh, relax, I will get your aunt"  Shen wei said while he got off

"Yihan, come with me" he said sternly.  They barged in, but the front was empty, but they heard some noises in the back, so they walked there and found two women and a man, taking turns in whipping a thin woman who was already covered in blood.  

"stop!" Shen wei roard, which took them by surprised and they stopped.  Shen wei noticed that, the woman being mistreated should be the aunt.  He walked towards them and no one saw what he did, but the women and the man around was suddenly on the floor, screaming.  Shen wei was furious.   Yihan was so surprised, this thin young ger must be a hidden master, he did not even see how he did it, but looking at the people on the ground, they seemed to be beaten. 

"Yihan pick up my aunt and take her to the carriage"  Yihan snapped out of his amazement and hurried to pick her up.  When he left, the people on the ground started to yell. 

"Husband come, some maniac is beating us" one of them yelled, suddenly more people came. 

"who are you, how dare you touch my wife?" 

Shen wei chuckled, "I'm married to Zhao Yunlan, and I am picking up my aunt, come by tomorrow, bring divorce papers and her belongings"  

Shen wei did not have time to waste with them so he turned to leave, they were about to start arguing but he cut them off "you will get 20 silvers" which shut them up. 

They did not like this woman, been married for 5 years, and still had not given birth, so she had been mistreated for years, and they had only spent 5 silvers on bride price so getting 20 silvers for her was something they would gladly take.  So they did not say anything. 

When Shen wei got into the carriage, they rushed back to the village.  

Mother Zhao was surprised when she saw them drive in the courtyard with 2 horse carriages, but she had no time to think about it when she suddenly saw her husband with their  youngest son all bloody.  

Shen wei ordered them in orderly manners, some went to help to clean up two beds, some went to start the fire, some fetched water. After getting everything ready he started treating them. Lucky the wounds was not to deep. He cleaned them up, then put on herb paste to make the wound grow faster and keep away infection. Then made them some tea to counter the fever. 

It was already late when he was finished, he got the slaves to help out putting the food and other stuff in place, then started cooking for them.  He made a big casserole with meat and vegetables, and rice on the side. Did not forget to cook some special soup for Yunlan and the 2 other patients.  

"Yihan, put the small tables together, Minah and Yuri help with getting bowls and such, Feng and Cheng get the food and put it over there"