~Two~

{ 3 weeks later}

I've just run out my house after another argument with my Mum. She found fresh cuts on my wrists after I took a shower and she freaked out. I need to get away from her, I can't take it any more. There's no point in her following me coz she won't catch me and she won't find me!

Mum doesn't know that I go to Luke's grave whenever I need to calm down and collect my thoughts. I'm kinda glad she doesn't know and I'm gonna make sure she never finds out.

I walk the usual route to his grave and kneel down in front of it. The tears that were already clouding my vision decided to develop into a monsoon down my face.

I slowly trace my finger over his name engraved into the headstone. "Where are you Luke? Why did you have to leave me?" I sob letting tears fall on to the ground. I stare at the darkening sky as dusk turns into twilight and wonder if he's watching me? What if he's up there?

I fell into a pitt of violent sobs and collapsed in a heap on the dark, cold ground.

***

I must've fell asleep because next thing I knew I woke up shivering. I glanced around at the pitch black grave yard, took in the eery silence and wrapped my arms around myself.

"Khyra..."

I look around, I'm sure someone said my name? Am I imagining things?

"Khyra, go home"

I almost jump out my skin, I know that voice. Why am I hearing it? "Luke? Luke?" I frantically shout into the dark blackness surrounding me.

"Khyra, please go home"

I know that people say you might imagine your loved ones talking to you when you're grieving for them but it's so real. It's like he's standing next to me, so clear...

I gasp when a shadow appears on the wall of the church directly in front of me. "Luke?" I whisper too afraid to speak.

A pair of arms encase me from behind and I feel a cool breeze on the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

"I've missed you Khyra. I've been trying so hard to stay away because I was afraid of hurting you. I don't want to scare you, I'm not like I was..."

I close my eyes to stop the tears that are trying to fall and turn around to face him. I let my eyes flutter open and take in what is in front of me, or who is in front of me to be exact. The tears break their way out and fall slowly down my cheeks "is it really you? You're real?"

He smiles and wipes my tears away using his finger. "Don't cry baby. I'm here, I refuse to leave you".

I take in his features, he looks almost perfect apart from his slightly messy quiff and the fact that he's much paler than the last time I saw him. I know what explains that though. He's obviously not a part of this world anymore...

He takes my arms in his hands and looks at them. I feel his grip tighten around my arm and he pulls the sleeve of my hoody up. "You've been cutting!" he spits accusingly.

"YOU LEFT ME LUKE!" I scream in his face and start to sob. He tries to wrap me in his arms but I step away "you haven't been here to see what you've done to me, I'm a mess and the cutting has helped. I'm sorry"

He looks at me, a hurt expression on his face "I'm sorry for storming out that night, I should never have gone. We should never had fought! It was stupid and I love you. I'm sorry for what you've been through in a year"

"I love you too"