Chapter 12: Jungkook's Effect

Lalisa’s POV

I had a tiring day today. I felt like I was punched on every part of my body. We will have a Japan debut in July and will also have an upcoming showcase in Tokyo. We wrapped and finalized our performances earlier so this day really drained my energy. For sure, the other girls also felt the same. Thankfully, we were given a rest day tomorrow. So, I am going to sleep like a log and won’t worry if I wake up so late.

Indeed, I slept for almost ten hours. It was already afternoon when I woke up. And I thought I would be the last to get out of bed, but shiya, my members were still sleeping soundly. If only I don’t have to eat, I am sure still in my dreams right now. Sadly, the dragons inside my stomach kept on pestering me to eat because they were very hungry. But because I am still tired from last night, I just ordered take-out for our brunch. I specially ordered chicken for our Unnie, Jisoo.

While waiting for the delivery, I opened my phone to check my social media accounts. I directly went to my Instagram and check my messages. It’s been three months since Jungkook’s last reply. After I replied to his first message, he didn’t reply to me immediately. I received his reply the following evening.

Lisa. Sorry for the late reply. I want to talk to you but my schedule is too tight. And we’ll be having our Wings Tour. I’ll be busy again. I hope you’ll still reply to me when I get back.

I kept on re-reading his message countless times. Whenever I think of him, I’ll just check his message, hoping I’ll have another reply from him. I don’t know if I am just delusional or not but his message meant something to me. And base on what I have understood… he wants me to wait. Yes, I did.

It’s okay, Sunbaenim. Have a blast at your concert. Fighting!

I hope my reply cheers him up a little. I still didn’t experience it but I am sure that aside from being happy because they will be with their fans, it is also very difficult and tiring. So, I wish him luck and a great concert ahead.

I was slouching on our living room couch while using my phone. As always, I got a lot of messages on my Instagram. It was hard for me to find Jungkook’s message because of it. I didn’t take time reading and deleting other messages and just continued scrolling up to find his account. At last, I saw it. And my heart suddenly fluttered.

He sent me a message again. But I was not expecting his reply today. So, it made me jumped from the couch and threw my phone in my seat. I suddenly felt hot and giddy and… I don’t know. This obvious reaction again was just a confirmation of my feelings for him.

I’m just having a crush on him! Okay?!

I inhaled and exhaled deeply to normalize my breathing. If my members saw me acting this way, they would surely tease me. Gladly, I am alone right now.

I picked up my phone and cleared my throat as if I’m going to personally talk to him. But I was about to open my phone when the doorbell rang. I exhaustively rolled my eyes and suddenly got pissed for ruining my excitement.

I have no choice but to put my phone on the kitchen table and went to the door to get our food. I almost forgot that I was supposed to be starving and be excited that our food was already delivered.

Damn, Jungkook’s effect.

Kamsahamnida,” I thanked and bowed to the delivery man of our favorite restaurant. He already knows us and we usually order from their store. The owner promised us to kept our place confidential, so we have no problem with it.

Mat-itge deuseyo,” he said.

Ne,” I sweetly replied, agreeing that I would enjoy the food.

I hurriedly went back to the kitchen and put the pack of foods on the table. I am in a hurry not because I wanted to eat but because of something else.

I immediately snatched my phone from the table and ran back to the living room. I sat on the couch while biting my lower lip, stopping myself by smiling like an idiot.

Jeez, I really need to control myself.

Lisa. Pardon me for asking, but… Is it true that you’ll be having a showcase in Japan?

Here he goes with his Lisa and period again. This man knows no greetings. But… I actually kind of like it. It’s direct but it is also giving me a soothing vibe. It was my actual name but his way of calling somewhat felt like an endearment. I can even imagine his voice calling me that way.

Ne, Sunbaenim. Waeyo?

Isn’t this a short reply? Should I ask more or tell him something? I may sound uninterested if this is just my reply. Oh, come on. What’s the use? It doesn’t even matter. He won’t be replying this instant. It takes time---

Next month?

Shiya. Is this real? He replied again!

Goodness. I’m squealing like a sick dog. I should be aware of myself right now. I am getting so cringe and it’s getting into my nerves. 

Yes, Sunbaenim. Why?

I replied the same line. How much I want to be talkative towards him, I still need to control myself, for my dignity. I should not act like we’re close in personal. I should know where I stand.

Just asking. Got to go. I’m going to rehearse. See you!

What? He will just leave me hanging like this? What the--- Oh, sorry. Jungkook is just… Damn! I wanna squeezed him.

I would surely pinch his bunny cheeks if I was given the right to.