Chapter 20: First Date?

Lalisa's POV

The Unnies didn't let me go alone so I went with Chaeyoung. She volunteered herself. Thankfully, she wouldn't be a third-wheel. Because Jungkook was with Jimin-sunbaenim.

They are already at the meeting place when we arrived. Chaeyoung was holding my arm tightly as if she is the one with a date.

Date? Is this a date? I don't know!

Like his usual attire, Jungkook is wearing an all-black outfit. I still couldn't see his face because of his mask but his build looks good with a bucket hat, hoodie, jogger pants, and boots.

While Jimin-sunbaenim is wearing a black mask, gray cap, white oversized t-shirt, gray pants, and black sandals. I saw him rub his palms together, I bet he's already cold.

"Chingu, I'm so excited for you and Jungkook. Don't waste this moment and have a good talk with him, okay?"

"Hopefully," I exhaled. I am feeling very nervous while we are getting near them. I saw that Jungkook already recognized us because he stood up from sitting at the bench.

Chaeyoung looks eyes-catcher with her flowing blonde hair. Even though she wore a black cap and a black mask, she is still a head-turner with her baby pink jacket, black tight jeans, and white rubber shoes. I am slightly worried that people might recognize us. Thankfully, Jungkook chooses a spot that is far from the favorite spot of most people here.

I checked my gray crop top hoodie and bluish denim high waist jeans. I think it's perfect with my white rubber shoes. I also adjusted my black bucket hat and black mask before we finally stood up in front of the two BTS members.

"Annyeong," they both greeted in unison.

"Annyeonghasaeyo," Chaeyoung and I both greeted back formally.

"Oh, I think there's no need for us to introduce each other," Jimin-sunbaenim said. "So, now... I'll let you two have time to talk. And Rose... if it's okay with you, can we go there and have a chat too?" He pointed to the bench next to where we are. It's not too far but it's just right not to hear others' conversations.

"N-Ne," Chaeyoung was hesitant to leave me as I am but she knows that she needs to do it to let me and Jungkook have a private talk. I was watching them going away and after they sat, it was the time I faced the man in front of me. And I caught him staring at me but I immediately looked away.

"Let's sit down," he offered.

"Komawo," I unconsciously replied and sat beside him. I am too late to realize that I sound sweet and girly.

We are sitting at each end of the bench. I was facing the river and when I took a glance at him, he was doing the same while rubbing his palms together.

"Gwaenchanayo?" he suddenly broke the silence.

"N-Ne. I'm okay." I looked at his side and saw him facing in my direction. "How about you, S-Sunbaenim?"

"Nado gwaenchanh-a. I was nervous earlier but I'm alright now that you're already here."

"Uhm..." I don't know what to answer. I'm occupied with the fast racing of my heart.

How could he easily say those words? Did he think I would like it? That he could get me with his sugar-coated words? No way! I'm not easily get swayed.

He already got you even without using flowery words, Lisa.

"I-I like your boots," I suddenly pointed his boots to open up a topic.

Jisoo Unnie told me to be honest with myself, to show Jungkook that I'm interested in him too. But I just can't... I'm feeling shy and awkward. I don't know what's right words to say.

"Jinja? This is from Balenciaga."

"I-I know. I sometimes bought items from their store."

"Oww. You're the first girl I know who likes this brand."

Jungkook's voice is not very manly. I mean what I consider a manly voice is like V-sunbaenim's voice. This kind of voice really attracts me but why do I like the sound of Jungkook voice now? It feels soothing and it gives me comfortability.

"Ahh, you know a lot of girls?"

"Me?" He pointed himself. "Not really. My friends are mostly boys. And I'm not really friendly with anyone."

"Jinja? I don't think so," I raised my brow, teasing him a little. Base on what I've learned from the internet about him, he is a kind of introvert which is opposite to his attitude when he is on stage performing. Bambam once mentioned too that Jungkook was the most quiet and not too active of their '97 liner's group.

"Jinja. I'm a type of person who will talk to you when you talk to me first."

"Hmn... But you talk to me first."

"Ah-you're an exception."

"W-Why am I an exception?"

I have an idea but I want a confirmation from his mouth. I don't want to assume based on my understanding.

"Because... you are special... to me."

Our eyes met. He stared at me deeply, hooking me so that I won't look away.

I was so into him that I forgot that we are outside, that we are in a risky place right now. I felt like we are the only people in the world and nothing else mattered.

Shiya. I am really in deep trouble.

"But don't worry," he broke the eye contact first. He faced the river and I am still looking at him. I froze on my spot. "Don't rush yourself. I am not in the rush either. I just want to let you know my existence and my... feelings towards you."

I blinked a couple of times before looking at the river too. I cleared my throat to speak something but I still don't know what to reply.

"For now... will you let me be your friend?" His doe eyes are pleading while looking at me.

I nodded immediately. I was smiling like an idiot, I couldn't stop myself anymore. Thankfully, I have my mask on.

"But... Sunbaenim," I finally spoke up."Why are you so sure that I'm still not taken?"

He was taken aback. And I saw how hard he gripped the bench.

"A-Aren't you?"