Chapter 18: Misunderstanding

Lalisa's POV

Jungkook is here!

My heart pounded fastly like it's having a race. I didn't expect his arrival. I never thought that I would see him tonight.

It's been two weeks since our last encounter and his last message to me. I was just sulking earlier because I've been waiting for his reply but he never chat back.

Why is he here? Because he is a fan of GD-sunbaenim or...

Because IU-sunbaenim is also here?

It would never be because of me. I didn't tell him that I'm here. He's been ignoring me for how many days.

My chest suddenly feels heavy. My mind was in chaos because of Jungkook's disappointing treatment of me after giving me hope. And now, he is making my system goes haywire again.

"Are you okay?" Hanbin-sunbae worriedly asked me. I nodded as an answer to his question.

"Woah. A lot of idols are present tonight, huh," Jennie Unnie smirked.

"Yeah! The media and netizens will go nuts if they'll know this event," Chaeyoung nervously drank all the juice from her glass.

"They all went inside the house. Let's follow and interact with them," Mino-sunbaenim suggested and they nodded.

But I stayed in my seat. I have no energy to stand up and socialize tonight. Aside from I'm not ready for this party, Jungkook's effect on me makes my confidence weak.

"Unnie, can I just stay? I'm alright here. Really," I pleaded Jennie Unnie.

"You'll be left alone here," Hanbin talked to me again. "Then I'll stay with—"

"It's okay," Jennie Unnie interjected. "She's fine here. Let's all go inside."

I smiled at Unnie and she secretly winked at me.

"Careful here," Chaeyoung whispered. "I'll observe him for you."

I slightly slapped my friend's arm and she just chuckled. Hanbin gave me a last glance before following them inside.

I sighed when they are all gone. The weather is slightly chilly so I hugged myself. The noise inside the house is getting extreme. It seems like they are all having fun.

But I'm not really jealous of them having a blast. I am more interested in only one person. Silly me, I don't dare to face him or to see what he's doing. I am scared to watch him being excited to talk to his idol or any girls who are here tonight.

"Can I sit here?"

I immediately looked up and saw an unexpected man.

"N-Ne. You can," I answered him.

He smiled and sat in the lounge next to where I am seating. We were silent for a moment. I don't know what he is thinking. And I am also occupied with my own thoughts.

"Why are you here alone?" he suddenly broke the silence.

I looked at Sehun-sunbaenim. He looks dashing with his branded black shirt and jeans. He is wearing a common pair of clothes but perks of having a good gene.

"Me? Ah, I'm just not in a mood to party right now," I slightly smiled at him.

"Ohh. What made you go here then?"

"Ahm... Long story short, my members tricked me to go with them."

"Jinja? I didn't expect them to be mean. Just like my members who keep on pranking each other," he chuckled.

"Yeah. I'm actually used to their teasing. And no worries 'cause I'm not slightly shy to admit that I was the main mastermind," I chuckled too. I didn't expect that we will have a good conversation even if this is just our first time talking to each other.

"JK!"

I felt cold on my nape when I heard RM-sunbaenim's shout.

"What are you doing here outside? Get back inside!"

I looked at my back and I met Jungkook's piercing eyes. He was standing not far away from the house's door. His hands are on his pockets and it seems like he was watching me and Sehun.

"Okay, Hyung." He sounds dark and cold then he immediately turned away from us.

My heart feels like it shattered. What just happened? I feel awful. The way he stared at me was like I made a great mistake.

I tapped my chest. It's clenching again but it hurts more. I'm out of breath and I don't know...

"Hey... Are you okay?" Sehun-sunbaenim tried to hold my back but I raised my hand to stop him from getting near me.

"Favor... Can you please tell Jennie Unnie or Rose to come here?"

"Oh, okay," he quickly stood up. "Wait for a while here."

Sehun-sunbaenim ran and went inside the house. In a minute, my members worriedly came to me and helped me stand up.

"What happened?" Jennie Unnie panicked.

"I want to go home," I answered instead.

"Let's go," Chaeyoung agreed without asking why.

"N-No. You can stay here. I can go home alone."

"No. Let's all go home," Jennie Unnie replied seriously.

"Ne," Chaeyoung nodded.

I smiled genuinely, touched by my member's sincere care of me. Jennie Unnie hold my right hand while Chaeyoung holds my left hand.

"Ain't we bid goodbye to GD-sunbae?" I still asked.

"Nevermind it. I'll just text, sunbae later," Unnie said.

"Palii. Let's go home and tell us what happened," Chaeyoung added.

I just nodded and then we finally went home.