Chapter 13: His Confession

Lalisa's POV

I was so bright and energetic these days. I hate to admit it but the reason is a person, a particular someone. I can't mention his name to anyone but my members already know it's him even if I didn't tell them.

"Here she goes again, smiling like a pabo every time she uses her phone," Chaeyoung rolled her eyes in front of me. She wants me to be happy but seeing me so cringy disgusts her. She keeps on telling me that I am not myself these past few days.

"Nah, we're getting familiar with this scene already. Let her do this and feel ashamed after she realized how funny she looks like," Jisoo Unnie said, who's sitting beside Chaeyoung while munching her favorite chicken again. We have macarons as snacks but she's eating meat. We went home right after we finished our photo shoot this afternoon.

I can hear them but I don't care. I am busy chatting with Jungkook. Yes, we are already chatmates now. Even I could not believe it at first. I know he is busy because they are on tour but he keeps on messaging me. It's been two weeks already. And I am very glad knowing that he still gives me his time even if he is tired and busy.

But we are still chatting like civil friends. Our topics and questions are all related to our common work and how tight our schedules are. He also asks me how is my day and my health which I really appreciate. I may say that there is nothing special with our way of communicating with each other. It's just it's rare to have a close interaction like this with BTS Golden Maknae. I feel so lucky that I have this opportunity.

If my Aunt will know about this, she will surely laugh at me and tease me for eating my words. I did say that there's a lot of men in this world but there is no other Jeon Jungkook.

"Gosh, girls," Jennie Unnie exclaimed, referring to Jisoo Unnie and Chaeyoung. She is sitting elegantly beside me. "You're obviously feeling bitter. Don't you ever feel jealous and start giving attention to your suitors," she mocked them and laughed like a wicked witch.

"Yah!" Jisoo Unnie reacted and put down her fried chicken leg. "You man-hater woman! We're not bitter and jealous! It's just strange to watch our maknae so in love. She is not like this when she shares about his actors crushes. She is really different now."

"I agree!" Chaeyoung said in English using his Aussie accent. "I'm happy she was given the chance to experience this feeling, which we all want but are not allowed to have. It's just that... look at her! We've been talking about her but she doesn't care. She is having her world with him. What I'm complaining about is that.. she might forget us. We, her loyal friends, don't matter anymore," Chaeyoung fakely whined. Jisoo Unnie joined her and did the same annoying fake cry while pushing a large morsel of chicken into her mouth. Jennie Unnie just laughed at the dramatic duo and continue eating her macarons.

I am actually listening but I just choose not to talk to them. Because if I started answering them, we will talk nonstop and tease each other until I forget to reply to Jungkook's message. I already told myself to always make sure that I give my time to him whenever he's available. I am not that thick-face who'll take advantage of Jungkook's attention towards me. And he may be consistent in messaging me every day but it just takes minutes, thirty minutes is the maximum. So, I always grab every second of the opportunity so that Jungkook won't also think bad about me. I don't want him to think of me as a snob or rude.

"My friends, don't be sad. No one can replace you, Girls. You are my second family and I love you all so much," I finally faced them.

"Omo, why are you so sweet, Maknae?" Jisoo Unnie dropped her chicken and went to my side to hug me.

"Yah, Unnie!" Chaeyoung dramatically shouted. "Don't be deceived by her words. She will surely ignore us again after this!" She was full of emotion as if she was acting in a drama.

And yes, she's indeed right. I get back to another world again after comforting them. Jennie Unnie just chuckled, Jisoo Unnie pouted and went back to her seat, while Chaeyoung flipped her hair, boasting her true prediction about me.

lalalisa.m

They are teasing me again.

jujungkook.j

Do you get annoyed when they tease you?

lalalisa.m

Not really. But they're making me feel shy.

jujungkook.j

Are you ashamed of me?

lalalisa.m

Of course not, Sunbaenim!

jujungkook.j

Good. That's a relief. Then... what do they think of me?

lalalisa.m

Uhm... They think highly of you, of course. You and your group are really famous and successful now. Thanks to your talents and sincerity for giving healing music to your fans.

jujungkook.j

It's great to know this. Thank you. But... I'm referring about something else.

lalalisa.m

Huh? What do you mean, Sunbaenim?

jujungkook.j

I was asking... what do they think of me being interested in you?

Did I read it correctly? Damn. My heart suddenly skipped a beat, while my breathing hitched. But I was forced to control my reaction not to be obvious with my members.

Undeniably, I have this assumption that Jungkook is interested in me. Why would he try to communicate with me if not, right? If he just want to be friends with me, then he should have befriended all the Blackpink members. But even so, this unexpected confession still moved me. It's still overwhelming.

On the other hand, being interested in me is the same as wanting to know me. This doesn't mean that he already likes me. Maybe like as a person or an artist but not in a romantic way.

I will supposedly be happy, be overwhelmed with positive feeling because the Jeon Jungkook that millions of girl's wants, is interested in me. But I got carried away by my doubts. An abrupt question came into my mind asking what makes Jungkook interested in me and what does he sees good about me?

I suddenly feel gloomy. So, I stopped using my phone. I don't want to reply to his message. I also don't know what to answer to his question and the reaction he is expecting from me.

Argh! What happened to me?! Why am I feeling this way?