Chapter Ten B: DJ & Pizza

Chapter 10.2: DJ and Pizza

As Noah assumed, whenever we tried to make any conversation, Ryan would shut us off. Once he yelled at Noah when he sneezed. So the rest of us kept ourselves with our phones. It was getting boring after fifteen minutes.

"Don't care what the DJ chooses
Get lost in the rhythm with me
Please don't close until we wanna leave it-" Phoebe sang. Noah and I joined her and Scott hummed along with us.

"And you and I we're flying on an aeroplane tonight
We're going somewhere where the sun is shining bright
Just close your eyes
And let's pretend we're dancing in the street
In Barce-"

Ryan changes the station, making me and Phoebe whin. "Shut up!" He yelled. "It's my car."

"Uh it is dad's car? You own that black Lamborghini," Phoebe pointed.

"I am the one who is driving here. You can leave if you want so!"

Any other time, I would've showed him his car. But now, with the traumatic experience he was going through, I let it pass.

And after another long forty-five minutes, we reached Natasha's house and Ryan almost kicked her out.

"God! That girl was a handful," Noah sighed.

"Hey that is my friend you're talking about!" Phoebe said.

We all stared at her. Ryan shook his head and drove. He stopped in a petrol station and told us we can buy something from the store if we like.

Noah was the first to run inside the store. The rest of us followed him. I decided to buy Pringles.

Grow up! My not-so-dear inner voice scolded.

Now, can you name a person who can resist it?

I picked up three different flavors and decided to buy some soda too.

"You really prefer Pepsi over Coke," someone whispered in my ears. I jumped and found Mr. jerk-face leaning against the shelf.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Are not I free to move in this state?" He walked where I was standing. "You did not answer my question."

"Aren't they the same?" He shook his head making me to roll my eyes. "Whatever," I said.

Ryan took a peek of my cart and the smug look returned on his face. "Now I get it," he nodded.

I looked up at him. "Get what?"

"Why are you always so cranky?"

"Excuse me?"

He shrugged nonchalantly and pointed at my cart. "You don't have a single piece of sugar in there. Aren't the girls like you supposed to die for gummy bears and what other sugary things?"

"What'd you mean by girls like me?" I narrowed my eyes. "And moreover, this certain girl here isn't fond of overdosing from sugar."

His smirk widened. "I see. But try to eat some." He annoyingly patted my head. I shove his hand away and glared.

"See this is what I was talking about," he pointed.

"If you think you can get away from what you said earlier," I told him. "You're so wrong Anderson."

"I thought you had your revenge to last a lifetime."

I shook my head.

He sighed. "Come on Stella, why are you acting like a three-year-old? I never said she was less annoying. I just felt bad for her. And you made sure I was stuck with the rest of the evening."